Fernando Alonso [35]

For Mari2294

35. "Go on, tell me. Tell me you don't love me."

Word count: 542

You opened your arms for your boyfriend Fernando as soon as he walked into your house. Belgium hadn't been good for him. The car failed on him once again. Fernando walked into your arms and gave you a quick peck on the lips before disappearing into the bathroom. You frowned and let out a long sigh. This had been going on for a little while now. Every time you tried to cheer him up, he kept pushing you away as if he didn't want you to be here for him.

"Nando, please talk to me. I know this isn't easy for you, my love, but you can't keep these feelings all to yourself," you said as you walked into the bedroom to find him laying on the bed while scrolling through his phone. "(y/n), I don't want to talk about it, darling," he said shortly, not even looking up from his phone.

"I thought this relationship used to be all about communication, what happened to that?" you said as you slowly began to grow irritated by his behaviour and crossed your arms over your chest. He looked up from his telephone and sat up, "I know darling. I'll talk eventually. I just need some time alone now, is that too much to ask for?"

"You say that all the time Nando! Each and every time you say that you will talk to me eventually, and yet, you never do! Stop pushing me away!" you raised your voice at him, feeling yourself fume with anger, "I am your girlfriend, remember? Your problems are my problems too," you trailed off, voice softening.

"Baby, I don't want to burden you with those problems. McLaren is bad enough already," he said bitterly. "But that's the problem! I want to hear you talk about it. Do you even love me anymore? We don't share anything anymore... or well, you don't. You only come here to eat and to sleep."

Fernando frowned as he thought about his behaviour the past months and sighed as realized how much of a dick he had been. You took his silence as a bad thing and started to tear up.

"Go on, tell me. Tell me you don't love me anymore Nando," you choked out. Your boyfriend immediately rushed over to you and wrapped you in a tight hug, the most intimate he had given you in a long time. You tried to push him away, but it was no use because he was way stronger than you.

"Oh nena, I am so sorry that I made you believe that I don't love you anymore. I love you more than anything in this world, my love," he said as he softly wiped away your tears. You started to calm down and nodded, wrapping your arms tighter around him and burying your head in his chest. He stroked your hair and pressed a kiss to your temple.

"Promise me something?" you said as you took a step back to look him in the eyes. "Promise me you'll tell me everything from now on. Even if you're salty about the team or whatever it is."

"I promise," he said before taking your chin in his hands and pulling you in for a tender kiss.