Max Verstappen [37]

Max and babies *eternal screaming*

For lovestorieswriter

37. "Twins? We're... We're having twins?"

Word count: 356

You and your husband, Max, were patiently waiting for the doctor to call you in. You were there for a check up and asked Max to come along, which he happily agreed to.

"Mrs. and Mr. Verstappen?" the doctor called as he came out of his room, shaking both of your hands.

"Please take a seat Mr. Verstappen. If you could lay on the bed that would be perfect Mrs." You complied and tried to get as comfortable as you could get on the bed.

"You're here for a check up, I understand?" He asked, to which you nodded. "How have you been since the last time you were here? Any complications?"

"No, fortunately not," you said as you looked over to Max and smiled, "I have a lovely husband who takes good care of me." The doctor smiled as he saw the love filled looks the two of you sent each other and asked if you could hike up your shirt a little. You did and shortly placed a hand on your growing belly until the doctor applied some gel on your stomach. You looked at the monitor and were happy to see something moving.

The doctor started pointing out things, "these are the hands... and this here is a leg..." you smiled and bit your lip as you looked over to Max who looked like he was blinking back some tears. "Oh dear! Would you look at that!" The doctor rambled on, which caught your attention.

"What? What is wrong?" Max asked immediately, starting to worry that something was wrong. "Oh, nothing is wrong at all. Calm down," the doctor said as he looked over at you two. "I must congratulate you, you're having twins." For a minute it was dead silent, you both had to take in this news.

"Twins? We're... we're having twins?" Max asked. He was visibly shocked. He looked at you to see your reaction and found you starting to tear up. He took your hands in his and caressed the top of your hands with his thumb. "That's amazing!" Max exclaimed happily and wrapped you into a tight hug.