Lance Stroll [98]

If you want to read even more great imagines, definitely make sure to check out michiiska's works, they are amazing!

For hollybowxoxo

98. "I wish I could hate you."

Word count: 601

Walking into your best friend's house, you rolled your eyes as you saw that the one and only Lance Stroll was there too. You had never really been on good terms with him. He had hated you ever since you introduced yourself to him. You had no idea what you had done wrong and when you asked him about it, he couldn't answer that question for you either.

"Lance, what a nice surprise," you said as you sent a fake smile his way. He looked particularly fine today, but you were supposed to hate him so you couldn't think like that.

"Always nice seeing you again, (y/n)," he said equally as fake as you. You could feel your friends rolling their eyes at you but decided to shrug it off.

"Guys, seriously! When will this ever stop? Just embrace the fact that you are into each other and have babies already," one of your friends said, making you choke on your drink that was offered to you as soon as you stepped in.

"Do you honestly think I would have babies with that guy?" You said, making it very clear that you were annoyed by the whole situation. "Yes. If only you two weren't too stubborn to realize that you would make a great couple..." another friend sighed.

"Okay, enough! Stop talking about it already, would you," you snapped. You were getting more and more pissed off by the minute. They knew Lance hated you and still kept on talking about it anyway, even though they knew that you didn't hate Lance as much as you claimed to.

"Alright, alright," they said quickly. You excused yourself, saying that you had to use the restroom. But you were just trying to blow off some steam. You couldn't lose control now. That's what he would like to see, you being all worked up because of him. You opened the door to walk back towards your friends when you collided into a body. You wanted to apologize, but soon realized that it was Lance.

"What could you possibly want?" You asked, feeling yourself growing nervous. He was so close to you. He basically had you trapped against the wall.

"Why do you hate me so much?" He asked, placing a hand on either side of your head. You really were trapped now. You looked him in the eyes, which made your breath hitch in your throat. He was really handsome. You sighed, knowing that you couldn't lie to him anymore.

"I don't hate you. I wish I could hate you," you answered while blushing furiously under his intense stare.

"You don't hate me? Then what is the problem exactly?" Lance asked. He seemed to be really confused.

"I don't hate you because..." you hesitated a little. You were already waiting for him to laugh at you.

"Because I am in love with you," you answered and cringed as you saw Lance's eyes widen in surprise.

"Oh," he replied. You shut your eyes and shook your head. You tried to push him out of your way. You needed to get out there before you made an even bigger fool out of yourself. Lance, however, did not let you get past. He pushed you against the wall and pressed his lips upon yours. You squealed in surprise but soon relaxed into the kiss and deepened it. You were so caught up that you hadn't even heard your friends walk in, snapping pictures of the two of you. Lance broke away from the kiss and grinned down on you. "I love you too," he answered your confession.