Nico Hülkenberg [16]

For jujudraxler. I have so much love for Nico *sighs*

16. "You make me feel like I'm not good enough."

Word count: 530

"Hey, (y/n)? I'm going out my with friends tonight," Nico said as he poked his head around the corner of your shared bedroom. You frowned and sighed, "again?"

"What do you mean, again?" He asked dumbly. You rolled your eyes and stood up from the bed, "well, I don't know. Maybe because that's what you've been doing for the past four days? I literally only see you when we're having dinner, Nico," you snapped.

"Hey, I'm just trying to enjoy myself here. I've asked you multiple times to come along but you always say no."

"I always say no because you don't even pay attention to me when you're out with your friends anyways! It's like you completely forget about me once you're with them."

"Babe, that's not true and you know it. Look, I don't want to argue about this right now," Nico sighed, scratching the back of his neck.

"If not now, then when?" you said as you crossed your arms over your chest. You were not having his attitude. "Later," he sighed and went to walk away, but you stopped him by grabbing his arm.

"The chances are big that I will be asleep once you finally decide to come back home. That's how it pretty much always goes. We're talking this out right now. I'm sure your friends can miss you for a few minutes."

"Alright," Nico said, crossing his arms over his chest as well.

"I miss you," you admitted, "I miss spending time with you."

"(y/n)," he sighed and placed a hand on your cheek, "if you've been feeling like this the whole time, you should have just said something. I thought you'd like to have some time for yourself, that's why I've been going out with them."

"I'm sure that's not the only reason. Sometimes I feel like you love your friends more than you love me."

"I do no-" he tried to say, but you held up your hand to let him know you were not finished yet.

"I don't mind you hanging out with your friends, Nico. It's good that you do, but four nights in a row? Don't you think that's a little too much?"
Nico hung his head and nodded.

"Sometimes... sometimes you make me feel like I'm not good enough," you choked out, tears rolling down your cheeks.

"Hey, liebe {love}, look at me," Nico said, taking your face in his hands and softly stroking away your tears, "you are good enough. Hell, you are the best thing that ever happened to me."

"Really? Because right now, I find that quite hard to believe," you whispered as you felt Nico's breath fan over your face. He pressed a gentle kiss to your lips and pulled you closer to him by your waist. He then walked away to grab his phone, making you frown. "What are you doing?"

"Telling my friends that I have more important things to do than go out for drinks."

"Oh, and what are these 'important things' you're talking about?"

He smirked and walked over to you, trapping you between the wall and his body, "making love to you all night long, sweetheart."