Max Verstappen: Distant

For xxcraycraymofo

Tags: DannyRicc17, sariitiisima, hollybowxoxo, wholockiangirlalice, f1hpsoapukmilliqueen, Thclouds, ilinca66, KamiiTth, tamarastalenhoef

Set after the race in Singapore, where Max sadly could not finish the race.

Word count: 660

"Hi honey, you're back early!" you shout from the kitchen as you hear the door open and close, signalling you that your boyfriend Max had arrived home. You made your way over to the hallway to greeted him with a soft smile. You knew what happened in Singapore and you knew that he would feel horrible about it so you tried to be very patient with him at times like this.

"Hey," he said softly, smiling down at you slightly. His smile didn't reach his eyes, that were usually sparkling all the time. He pressed a chaste kiss onto your lips before telling you he was going to shower quickly. You frowned at his behaviour. He wasn't normally like this after a DNF. He seemed to be feeling really off about it this time and it honestly really worried you. You tried to shake it off, figuring that a shower would probably lighten up his mood, and went back to cleaning the house. You were finished cleaning just as he came in, wearing some comfortable grey sweatpants and a shirt which you always loved to steal. He even looked good without putting any effort into his appearance.

You made your way over towards him and wrapped your arms around his neck, "do you want to talk about what's bothering you, babe?" you asked softly as you played with his hair. Max shook his head and kissed your forehead before walking towards the couch and slumping down on it, taking out his phone to do whatever seemed to be more important than communicating with you at the moment. You frowned once again, feeling hurt by his behaviour towards you. He usually always talked to you when he's feeling down about something, and now he's just pushing you away. You huffed in annoyance at your failed attempts to get him to speak, walking towards the kitchen to get yourself something to drink. You decided you weren't going to put any energy in trying to talk to him again. You poured the tea into a cup and grabbed your favourite book, deciding to just ignore him for a moment. You sit down at the kitchen table, starting to read your book. You can't really concentrate, but it'll just have to do. You sigh after a while. He still hadn't stood up from his place on the couch.

A few minutes later though, he strolled into the kitchen and sat down on the seat in front of you. "Oh, here you are, babe. I was looking for you."

"Oh, really now," you said, trying to sound not too sarcastic, "are you finally done ignoring me?" Max sighed and let his gaze fall down to the ground, which made you feel slightly guilty for snapping at him. "I'm sorry baby girl, I shouldn't have acted like that towards you. You were only trying to help." You smiled slightly, taking his hand in yours and pressing a kiss to his knuckles, "you're such a fool."

Max chuckled at this and shook his head, "I know. I'm a fool for you," he said, sending a wink your way. He never failed to make you blush, not even now.

"Promise me you'll just talk to me the next time, babe. I'm here for you. Always," you told him. Max nodded his head and sent you one of those knee-weakening smiles.

"You know... I'm still kind of pissed, and I don't think talking will help me get rid of this anger right now," he said, wiggling his eyes.

"I think I already know where this conversation is going."

"So, what do you say, princess," he sounded almost challenging. A challenge you would happily accept, "you, me, bedroom, right now?"

"To cuddle?" You asked innocently. "I think you know what I mean, darling," he smirked.

"Only if we cuddle afterwards, and you talk about your frustrations."

"Guess you got yourself a deal babe. Now get your pretty little butt over here."