Chapter 7

Jens POV (A/N: I know I'm doing a lot of Jen POV but I'm just trying to see it how she would and be different because a lot of other Jlaw adoption stories don't have her POV very often.

I listen to Katie's shallow, quite breaths as she sleeps on my shoulder on our flight to Kentucky. I'm alone in this moment left with my thoughts I am left with thoughts of my future and how it's going to change with Katie in it I'm sure it will change for the better though, although it will be rough to start with when this all gets out to the press, and the world makes they're assumptions of why I adopted her and none of them will be close to the truth I did it because I owed her my life and that was the closest I could come to repaying her but the overall drive for my decision was that I could see how much of myself I saw in her which is impossible we aren't related but I couldn't just ignore our connection, she also looked up to me, she idolised me and I wasn't just gonna send her back into the system where she would wined up in the same situation again that was just pointless. She deserves a shot at life and living on the streets or in the system she wasn't going to get it so I'm giving it to her I can see how intelligent she is and how she is with writing and her editing and music, she is also very emotionally intelligent she knows the right thing to say she's good with words, she deserves a shot and I'm giving her that cause I'm growing to love her a lot.

I'm dragged from my thoughts by her head slowly slipping down my shoulder onto my arm, waking her up in the process.

"Sorry." She apologises in a hoarse voice while scanning my eyes.

"It's okay you can use me as a pillow anytime you want. Stop apologising you didn't do anything wrong." I smile at her and her sincerity behind her apology.

"Sorry" she chuckles and I give her a jocular glare "same goes for you, I hope I'm comfy enough though." She finishes smiling.

"I'm sure you're more comfortable than me." I grin.

"No actually you where really comfortable." She chuckles back.

"Well I'm glad that I could be of service." I smile again.

"When do we land?" She questions curiously.

"In like twenty minutes so prepare." I answer

"Oh and security is going to get our bags then we will go on one of those airport buggy things and hopefully go unnoticed if all goes to plan." I inform while sipping some water.

"Okay sounds good once again another well thought out plan." She jokes, making me smile.

"Thought of by yours truly." I smile proudly.

"I didn't doubt that." She grins.

"Do you feel any better?" I question remembering her state before she fell asleep.

"Yeah I feel fine now, thanks." She smiles.

"No problem." I smile back.

After having landed finally gotten to our car all had gone to plan we made it without noticing my presence which was hard to believe usually I'm knocked down by cameras and flashing at my expense.

"You still nervous?" I question about five minutes into the car ride to my parents house.

"Not really, well anymore." She responds shrugging her shoulders.

"Good I'm glad. We will be there in about ten minutes just warning you." I inform in a warm tone.

"Okay I'm actually excited but I'm nervous about what they will think of me." She responds sheepishly.

"They're gonna love you and I'm not just saying that, look at how well we get along and don't worry about first impressions just be yourself." I assure her in a soft tone as I grasp her hand in mine, in response she just nods nervously and let's a ghost of a smile lace her lips.