Chapter 56

Jen's POV

It's been two days since the crash and I've been pussying out about telling Darren. I'm close to putting it off all together until Katie wakes up.

She'll probably smack me if I do that. I wouldn't blame her.

I'm gonna have to get her moved to a hospital in LA so that I can be close to her. I'm gonna have her moved in a week when I've finished filming. The doctors have assured me that she'll be fine so there's a bit of ease to my life.

Scarlett was getting really worried about Katie not being around so I let her see her which was a weird thing to have to explain to her.

When I brought her in she wasn't upset, just confused and was even more confused when I told her she couldn't hug Katie because of her back. Instead she climbed up on the bed trailing Huggy behind her and kissed Katie's cheek then whispered something in her ear that I didn't hear.

I told my family about the accident and my parents are going to meet me in LA in a week so that they can see Katie.

Darren has been really supportive and loving throughout the whole situation and I think it's helped us grow closer. I'm flying to Budapest today so that I can finish filming and Laura is staying here for the week so that she can keep an eye on Katie.

"Jennifer?" Darren addresses me when he enters the hospital room.

"Yeah?" I ask turning around in my spot and letting go of Katie's hand.

"Your flights in an hour," He informs me and I sigh.

"Okay I'm coming just give me a minute," I tell him and he leaves.

I turn back around to Katie and tuck a strand of hair behind her ear and caress her head softly.

"I'll be back soon. You be my big strong girl and get better for me," I smile down at her and then lean down kissing her forehead then leaving before I burst into tears.

The flight to Budapest was silent and lonely. I was on a private Jet and there was no one else aboard apart from myself and the pilots. Darren was going to New York for a few meetings and Scarlett was asleep the entire time.

Scarlett has been quite uneasy about the situation since she saw Katie and I've had to keep reassuring her that she has nothing to worry about.

We arrive back at the hotel we where staying at before and are shown back to the same room where Scar and I climb into bed and fall asleep instantly. We are both mentally and physically exhausted.

When I woke up to the sound of my alarm at 6AM the next morning everything felt different. Usually on the type of morning that I'm used to, Katie would groan and shout at me for setting and alarm and then we'd bicker and then have breakfast like nothing happened. They where the types of mornings I loved and also haven't appreciated enough.

I sit up on the side of the bed and bury my face in my hands.

"Mommy?" A little voice asks me and I don't reply.

Seconds later, little hands snake around my waist and I remember the fact that there isn't just two people here right now. There's three.

"Yeah baby?" I whisper back placing my hand on Scarlett's little one that rests on my abdomen.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"Nothing. Mommy's just thinking," I whisper back.

We stay in the same position for a few seconds until I lift her into my lap.

"Excited to go see Frances on set?" I smile to her even though I'm far from happy. I'm just masking it for her.

"Yeah," She grins and I smile back standing up and carrying her to the bathroom where I supervise her as she washes her teeth and face.

We both leave in comfy clothes. I'm wearing a hoodie and jeans and Scar is in a black coat and leggings. We leave through the back entrance to avoid the paparazzi. They've been all over me for he past few days. They got word of the crash a few hours after it happened and haven't left us alone since, they've even harassed Laura.

We arrive on set quickly because it's so early so there's no traffic.

Filming was a gruelling process considering I didn't know any of my lines. Frances understood though. He didn't force me to do anything if I didn't want to. Scarlett was bored most of the day and I felt bad for her. She usually has Katie around to entertain her and now she's stuck on her own with a lousy colouring book.

Darren called a few times to check up on me and Laura also called to put my mind at ease. My Mom even called saying she was going to fly to NI to see Katie but I convinced her not to. She'd be wasting her time. If anyone is going to be there it's going to be me. Katie deserves to at least have me by her side considering that she's saved me for the third time in her life. It's the least I can do, to be with her in her time of need.

"Mommy?" Scarlett asks me from the bottom of the bed.

"Yeah bug?" I ask her with a soft smile.

"I'm bored," She sighs.

"Come here and we can watch a movie," I reply as I pat the spot beside me on the bed.

She crawls up beside me and I pull her into my side with my legs outstretched in front of me.

I can tell she feels what I feel in his moment. She can feel that there's a missing piece in this embrace too.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! How was it??