Chapter 97

Jen's POV

Sitting in the waiting room I bounce my leg up and down nervously as I stare at the ground anticipating what has happened to them. I've already been assured that Katie is okay but Piper is another story.

Hearing footsteps I look up and only come across a girl walking in probably about 18 although she looks at me as if she knows me. Do I know her?

Sitting down beside me she has a friendly look she seems as if she'd be nice.

"You're Katie's Mom," She holds her hand out and I shake it with a smile. A fake smile but she doesn't know that.

"Yeah are you two friends?" I ask her and she chuckles lightly looking down.

"I guess you could say that," She looks back up and I'm confused by her words but I don't get a chance to analyse it further as we're interrupted.

"I'm alive," A voice I've needed to hear for the past two hours makes an appearance and my eye line snaps up to see Katie walking in in her now blood stained jeans and black hoodie rolled up past her elbows.

Before I even get to speak the girl is up and bolts straight into her nearly taking her off her feet. Katie soaks in her embrace placing one of her hands on the back of her head and wraps her other around the girls waist.

"You're such an idiot you know that," She is scolded by her friend?

"I know I'm sorry Sophie," She replies into her shoulder.

Sophie:

Opening her eyes she looks up and her eyes meet mine

Opening her eyes she looks up and her eyes meet mine. They're filled with fear and have a red tint to them.

"How's Piper?" She asks me.

"I don't know they won't tell me anything," I tell her and she looks at me sadly before I gather the words to ask a question.

"Um how do you two know each other?" I ask her as Sophie let's go of her in a reluctant manner.

"Did you not tell her?" Sophie asks her.

"Tell me what?" I ask in a confused manner and Katie swallows in a strained manner before sliding her hands into her pockets in a nervous manner.

"Can I talk to you outside?" She asks and I just nod following her out of the waiting room and into the corridor.

"What is it?" I worry slightly as she rubs the back of her neck.

"There's no easy way to put this and I know that no matter what way I put it you'll be supportive but it's still a hard thing to say-" I cut her off placing my hand on her shoulder and pulling her chin up so that she looks at me.

"Katie just tell me. It's only me," I smile reassuringly at her and I mean this smile.

Smiling at me timidly she sighs tiredly as she gathers the courage. I think I'm beginning to get it but I just want her to confirm it.

"I'm gay," She confesses and I just smile. This doesn't bare any significants to me, whether she is gay or not doesn't matter to me just so long as she is happy that is the only significants.

"I don't care at all. All I want is for you to be happy," I place my hands on her shoulders and she smiles crookedly.

"When did you realise?" I ask her.

"When I first moved up here when I met Sophie basically," She explains and I smile pulling her into me which she returns strongly with a few tears slipping free onto my chest.

"You really are an idiot, I love you no matter what and your sexuality doesn't make you any different to me, you're still the same person," I speak softly into her ear and her grip tightens.

"Katie," I address her and she lifts her head out of my chest.

"Yeah," She clenches her jaw, she probably knows what's coming.

"Why the drugs?" I look at her in disappointment, I can't help it, I thought she knew better.

"It started off with the weed as pain relief for my back but a few months ago I moved onto stronger stuff and I'm sorry I did," She explains dropping her hands to her sides.

"Does Sophie know?" I worry that Sophie may have been a bad influence.

She shakes her head in reply and I sigh looking over her state. She can't stop shaking.

"What were you on when you stepped in?" I ask her.

"MDMA," She admits and I can't help the tears that slip.

"Are you trying to kill yourself? What the hell possessed you to do this?!" I raise my voice at her In pure despair and then I remember Piper's advice. It's a coping mechanism, she didn't tell anyone so she resorted to substance abuse to escape her harsh reality.

"I'm sorry," I stutter looking at her and she furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"Why are you apologising?" She asks.

"I should've been there for you and I shouldn't be yelling right now," I explain and she doesn't say anything.

"I'm sorry but you need to go to rehab," I tell her and her eyes dart up to meet mine.

"No no Jen I can dry out on my own, it'll just be a huge scandal I'll come back to LA and I'll dry out at home and you can watch me do it," She rushes to convince me.

"You have one chance but if you relapse then you're going straight to rehab," I tell her firmly and she nods timidly.

"Can you not tell Sophie about this?" She asks me and I reluctantly nod knowing that I can't interfere in their relationship.

"Do you want to meet her properly now? You'd like her," She asks me and I smile softly with a nod.

One thing at a time I think to myself. I've gotten through one problem now I just have to get through the hellful waiting.

Waiting to find out if Piper survived.

A/N: I thought I'd make my character gay in the story since I'm gay in real life so I hope you liked it. Sophie is only really hot because I managed to get a hot girlfriend in real life ahaha What's you're opinion on the events of this chapter??