Chapter 25

Jen's POV (Christmas day)

"You carry her down and I'll follow." Katie suggests as she wraps some more of Scarlett's presents and I do the same.

"Yeah. How many are left?" I ask her as I place some presents around the living room.

"Like five." Katie yawns.

In response I groan and get on with the task at hand.

"What time is it?" Katie asks me, becasue I brought my phone downstairs with me and she forgot hers and can't be bothered going to get it.

"It's six fourty-seven, so I'm pretty sure the beast will awaken in the next half hour." I sigh and set another wrapped present down.

"Yeah probably" Katie yawns again.

"How many presents did you get?" Katie sighs and drinks some water.

"I don't even know." I sigh and fall back against the couch from my position wrapping presents on the floor.

"Done?" Katie laughs slightly.

"Yes." I groan.

"Okay well we can't go back to bed." Katie points out.

"Oh godddddddd" I groan into the couch.

"Have some coffee." Katie says and drags me up.

"Fine." I groan as she drags me into the kitchen where I sit on the counter top with my legs dangling over the side and my hands in my lap.

"Are you having some?" I ask her.

"Yeah." She says as she boils the kettle.

"Is there any honey?" She asks as she hands me a cup of black coffee.

"Honey?" I ask her confused at her request.

"Yeah." She nods.

"Why?" I ask her.

"To put in my coffee." She says and points at her cup sitting on the counter top.

"Oh, there should be some in the cabinate." I say pointing to the cabinate behind her.

"Thanks." She replies as she pours some Honey into her Coffee.

"Time?" Katie asks, leaning against the counter top and the Coffee to her lips.

"Seven." I reply after looking at the clock on the wall.

"Any second now." Katie sniggers, refering to Scarlett getting up.

"Speaking of that lets go get her up. We might as well." I suggest with a shrug of the shoulders.

"Oh god." She sighs tiredly in response.

"Come on." I encourage as I grab her hand and drag her through the kitchen door and to Scarlett's room.

"I can go to bed again soon though." Katie responds when we get to the door.

"Deal." I shake on it.

"Sweet." Katie grins and puts her hand on the door knob.

"Record it." Katie says to me.

"Oh yeah." I smile and take my phone out of my hoodie pocket.

"Scarlett!" We shout in unision when we open the door. In response she just jolts awake and looks at us confused.

"Come on kid." Katie laughs and scoops her up off the bed.

"I thought I was carrying her?" I question Katie as she sets Scar on her hip.