Chapter 14

Jens POV
Careful, careful, careful is all i can feel going through my movements as i attempt to.  Floss my teeth in the mirror of my bathroom just off my bedroom. I can feel the floss wrapped tightly around my fingers as i trail it through my teeth, back and forth, back and forth.

"Jen?" Katie speaks up from the doorway of the bathroom with a grin lacing her lips.

"What are you grinning at?" I mumble awkwardly through the floss in between my teeth.

"You." She chuckles at me, referring to the floss hanging from my teeth and fingers.

"I sort of gathered that." I retort while spitting into the sink and drinking from the faucet then spitting that back out too in an attempt to rid my mouth of bacteria that has built up in it overnight.

"Anyway what's up?" I question her.

"Well there's a delivery guy outside. But he has to speak to you." She informs me as she leans against the doorway with her arms folded.

"Oh right." I smile at her curiosity towards the delivery.

"What is it?" She asks intently.

"Thats for me to know and you to find out." I smile, walking out of the bathroom and tapping her nose on my way through the doorway.

"Oh come on Jen." She begs and follows me out of the room and down the stairs to the front door, begging the whole way down.

"You will find out momentarily." I smile to her deviously.

"Fine." She pouts in annoyance as i carry out my discussion with the delivery guy.

"Okay you can see but its a surprise." I speak up towards Katie.

"Its about time." She sighs sarcastically.

"Close your eyes." I command her.

"Okaaay." She looks at me confused in return i just smile and watch as she covers her eyes then, guide her outside where i can now see the surprise being unloaded off a large truck.

"Open." I smile.

"What is it?" She asks confused unable to see the surprise.

"Look over there." I command while pointing over at the new car being unloaded off the delivery truck. Katie continued to nag me about it but i never showed her that i was very interested, then i found the car she recommend and i bought it as a surprise.

"Ho-ly. Shit." Her eyes light up as she directs them to the car.

"Umm hmm." I grin at her reaction.

"You bought the car i recommended???" She questioned me bewildered.

"You're damn right i did." I smile at her.

"holy crap Jen! I didn't know you where actually going to buy it!" She gleams.

"I guess i really am a good actress." I laugh at her as she admires the car that has now been moved up the driveway and parked.

The car:

"Come on

"Come on." She smiles and jogs down the front door steps, across the driveway and over to the car.

"Okay." I obey and go after her.

"Key?" She grins at me with her hand outstretched

"Yeah. Here." I laugh and hand over the key.

"Are you ready to hear this?" She questions me with delight.

"I think i can handle it." I laugh at her enthusiasm.

"What ever you say." She chuckles and gets into the driver seat and makes me get in the passenger seat, there is no option of a back seat.

"1,2." She grins at me as she hold her finger on the engine start button without pressing it.

"3" her face lights up as the engine roars to life.

"Okay that does sound pretty impressive." I smile to her reaction.

"I told you it was worth it." She smiles in success.

"That you did." I grin.

"Right lets swap sides." She commands.

"Wait no. We can't drive it yet we can drive it in like twenty minutes when we are going to the interview." I smile reassuringly. At mention of the interview all colour goes out of her face and the smile slowly fades.

"What's wrong?" I question her while reaching across the cockpit of the car to grasp her forearm soothingly.

"Oh em... nothing." She retorts and quickly gets out of the car leaving me there confused.

"Hey wait come here." I call at her as i jump out of the car in pursuit of her.

"What's wrong?" I question her in a soft tone as I grasp her shoulders.

"Nothing i'm just nervous." She sighs in defeat.

"About what?" I ask confused.

"Everything." She sighs again.

"A bit more specific." I try and coax it out of her.

"Just if i come across right and stuff like that. And what i say about my eye and nose." She sighs sadly in embarrassment.

"Believe me just be yourself. Its what i do. You'll be fine and i'm right there beside you if you need me." I smile encouragingly.

"Okay." She allows a small smile.

"And my face?" She questions me and casts her hand up towards her face to direct my gaze to her bruises.

"Just say the truth." I sigh to her.

"Okay i guess." She sighs in return.

"Come here." I chuckle and wrap my arms around her back and she quickly returns.

"I never realised how tall you where until now." I laugh over her shoulder.

"I'm the same height as you." She laughs back.

"Yeah you actually are." I chuckle back releasing the hug.

"You're a good hugger." She laughs as we release.

"Oh. I've been told." I reply in a diva tone.

"Yeah you have." She chuckles

"Who by? Nick?" She questions me deviously and turns to walk inside out of the LA sun.

"Shut up." I laugh and smack her arm playfully at her teasing remark.

A/N: short chapter. How was it?