Chapter 62

Jen's POV

"Get up!" I yell as I walk into Katie's room.

It's been two weeks since she got back and she's out of her back brace and support boot. She's had to be really careful and not but any stress on her back and she has to keep it up for another week and a half.

"I hate you so much that there are no words to describe it," She groans into her pillow.

"Love you too now get up!" I yell again and whip the cover back leaving her upper body bare.

"You're such a dick," She moans unhappily.

"I know right," I smile sarcastically.

"Kevin please get her," She says to the dog on the other side of her bed.

He just sits there and looks at her with his ears back in confusion.

"Idiot," She chuckles at him and drags herself out of bed.

"Why do you want me up so badly anyway?" She asks me as she walks into her bathroom and I flip the covers of her bed back up.

"Darren is coming over in like two hours and I'm telling him," I explain to her and she just nods as she starts to brush her teeth.

"Be downstairs asap I need a pep talk," I tell her as I walk out of her room and into Scarlett's to find her still asleep so I leave her be.

My Mom and Dad left about a week ago and I told my Dad which was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. He was really happy, he even cried which in turn caused me and my Mom to cry too. I don't know if I've ever seen him cry until then.

I make it down stairs and make myself a cup of decaf coffee which tastes like dogs bollux. I laugh to myself at my use of Katie's dialect. She always says to bollux to me, makes me laugh every time.

"Drinking the dogs bollux again?" She asks as she walks in making me burst out laughing.

"I know I'm hilarious," She smiles triumphantly and opens the fridge. She hasn't changed yet she's still in her blue pyjama bottoms and a oversized white lakers hoodie.

"When's big Darren coming?" She asks and sits down across from me with a bowl of cereal.

"Two hours as I've said before. So at 12," I tell her and sip some coffee cringing at the unsavoury taste.

"Thenk yee," She smirks in an annoying voice. She says "Thenk Yee," like that all the time just to annoy me.

"I swear I will hit you again," I warn her reminding her of when I punched her shoulder last night.

"No promises," She smirks again and I sigh shaking my head.

Once Katie had her food she went and got changed into some Jeans and I did the same.

I walk into Katie's room and find her sitting at her computer with Scar on her lap.

I walk up behind them as quietly and observe what they're doing. Katie's arm is wrapped around Scarlett's front protectively as they both look at the computer screen intently.

"What're you too geeks doing?" I ask them and they both jump.

"Are you trying to make me loose control of my bowels?" Katie breaths as she clings to her chest dramatically.

"I might be," I smile slyly and kneel down beside them.

"Not funny Mommy," Scarlett pouts and I laugh at her.

I go to open my mouth and speak but Katie interrupts me.

"Jen," She addresses me and I look up at her.

"Thenk yee," She smirks and I narrow my eyes at her.

"Don't test me," I tell her through gritted teeth and she cringes holding in her laughter.

"come on you too," I tell them and Katie stands up lifting Scar onto her hip.

We walk downstairs and I sit on the couch with my feet up on it. Katie sits on the other side of the couch with her feet on the coffee table and Scar sits between us.

"Scar can you go find Kevin?" I ask her and she nods and climbs down off the sofa and runs off into the hall calling his name.

"So you needed a pep talk?" Katie turns to me and asks as though she's read my mind.

"Yeah," I sigh and sit up properly.

"What about?" She asks.

"Telling him," I confess sadly.

"Okay well number one," She hold her finger up before continuing.

"He'll be happy. Two, in the event he wasn't I'd beat him up and he knows it. Three, he has a kid already so he won't be scared. Four, no matter what happens you have me and Scarlett, the rest of the family and your friends, you may feel like you're on your own but you are far from it," She lists off.

"You're right," I reply with my head downcast.

A knock sounds from the front door just as Scarlett comes into the room with Kevin walking beside her.

"I'll let him in and Scar and Kevin and I will go for a walk," Katie tells me and I just nod.

She leaves and brings Scar and Kevin with her. A few seconds later I hear footsteps coming from the hall. Fuck. I mutter to myself.

A/N: What will Darren's reaction be? What do you want it to be? How was this chapter?