Chapter 70

Katie's POV

Come the fuck on! Traffic is a bitch. I have been driving for about twenty five hours now which has been absolutely fantastic as you can hear from my constant out bursts, Hunger, sleep deprivation oh and let's not forget my anger for everything and anything.

I'm pulled from thought when a call sounds on the Bluetooth speaker.

"Hello?" I ask as I stare longingly at the cars moving in front of me while I sit stuck behind a long line of fuckwits.

"Hi, where are you now?" Blain asks and I just groan, long and hard. Very. Very. Hard.

"Nice to speak to you too," He replies.

I just laugh sarcastically in response.

"Colorado," I mutter to him.

"That was fast," He comments.

"Was it? I feel like I'm going backwards not forwards," I sigh tiredly.

"You should really get some rest. Pull over and have a nap or something," He tells me.

"No. I'm fine. I'll be there soon. Where's that idiot Darren?" I ask him and he goes off the phone for a second and I can hear murmuring in the background before he comes back on.

"Oh he's uh... on his way," He tells me and I can tell he's lying.

"Blain don't lie to me. I'm not in the mood," I warn him.

"Okay don't kill me or especially Jennifer," He says.

"What the fuck are you on about? Spit it out," I grow angry.

"Okay fine. He's not coming. We where gonna tell you when you got here but-" I cut him off.

"We?" I ask.

"Yeah we, Jen and him have had problems over the last few months and she didn't want anyone to tell you," He says.

I wait to reply. I don't know what to say.

"I'll see you soon," I mumble and hang up as he tries to keep me on the line.

What? The. Fuck. Did I do something for her to keep this from me or... I don't even know what else.

My mind switches worries when I realise I'm below the red on my fuel gage.

I pull into the next gas station and get out of the car opening the fuel cap.

I should get changed. My clothes are covered in sweat. It may have a shot at making me feel fresher.

I grab my gym bag from the trunk and pull out a pair of blue denim jeans and a red baggy hoodie with some black trainers. Comfy clothes. Nothing fancy.

I come back to the fuel cap and set the clothes in the car, ready for getting changed.

I'm in a dark back road with no street lights and three small lights illuminate the small quaint gas station.

I stand filling the car when I hear footsteps behind me.

"Can I help you?" A girls voice asks and I turn to look at her.

"No I'm all good. Thanks though," I comment and her face grows excited.

Fuck this. Not in the mood.

"You're Katie Lawrence! Aren't you!" She squeals.

"Hi," I nod.

"What you doin all the way out here?" She asks as she edges towards me.

"Driving home," I tell her.

"I wouldn't expect you to be all the way out here with Jennifer in labour and all," She says.