Chapter 90

Jen's POV

It's been a week or so since Piper and I's agreement and I've been a lot more upbeat since. The whole Darren ordeal has been weighing me down but Piper helps, she softens the blow, she stops me from crashing which is what I try and do for her. Her life's a whole lot tougher than I previously thought, mines basically a walk in the park when I compare the two.

I'm at an event with my whole security team surrounding me and I've never felt so protected by them until Piper joined. It's different having a security team looking after you and having someone who genuinely cares about you protecting you.

I've made it through the hard part of the night and now all I have to do is get through the after party, it's gruelling and all I want to do is go home but I can't complain there are harder jobs out there.

We're sitting on a set of couches in a duly lit part of the club the party is being held in and naturally Piper is close by me in a dapper navy suit and brown dress shoes with a red paisley patterned tie. She feels more comfortable in a suit so who am I to mention it to her and in all honestly she looks very very good in one.

"Hold on a second," She squeezes my hand quickly as she gets up walking towards some sort of confrontation that's broke out.

Watching her break the fighting pair up and proceed to speak to them both, I go to the bathroom giving myself a chance to freshen up. It feels incredibly sweaty in that room for some reason, maybe it's the number of bodies stuffed into it.

"Jennifer!" Someone exclaims excitedly to my right and I look over being met with Ben Affleck. Oh god I hate this self righteous ass hole.

"Hi Ben how have you been?" I ask him stopping politely to engage in the meaningless exchange.

"Good apart from the divorce," He rubs the back of his neck.

"Yeah I heard through the grapevine. I'm so sorry Ben," I rub his arm supportively even though he cheated on his wife. I receive an odd look in return which I don't bother dissecting further, he's probably had a few ill advised drinks.

"It's fine. What about you mother of two?" He smiles and I chuckle correcting him.

"Technically three but Katie is kinda like my parent if I'm honest," I tell him and am abruptly interrupted by his lips. What the hell? He won't get off, I'm trying but he's much stronger than me, his hands grasp my wrists and he pushes me against the wall refusing to relent. My breaths have quickened my heart rate has skyrocketed and my eyes are wide open as I try and fight this 210 pound man off but I'm powerless.

I feel like this is never going to end, I can hardly breathe at this point he's practically blocking all of my airways. He knows I want him off but yet he's still persisting, still tormenting. Still mentally scaring me with his act of assault. Sexual assault.

Catching eyes with Piper as she walks towards me, her walk turns to a sprint as she comes up behind him ripping him off and laying into him. I've never seen her throw a punch before, only seen her take them and considering his pain tortured expression he isn't taking the punch as well as she can.

"Who the hell do you think you are?!" She yells at him holding him down to the ground by the lapels of his suit.

"That was fucking sexual assault do you understand that you entitled bastard?!" She yells ferociously with an expression of pure rage.

A crowd has gathered now and everyone knows what just happened. Staying back I hold my arm nervously and look at my feet terrified to look up.

Throwing his lapels back at him she gets up dusting her suit off and smoothing out the creases in frustration. He just lays there looking at her in fear as she walks off towards me and examines my face carefully before taking me out of the situation, she hates seeing people she cares about in situations of pain. She always puts others first no matter the circumstance.

I feel like all eyes are on me as Piper escorts me out and that's because they are, they're all obnoxiously burning through me making me feel vulnerable and dirty.

I was silent the whole drive home, Piper drove me without the rest of the team and she held my hand the whole time. She gave me a few timid side glances but never spoke knowing it was the worst thing she could possibly do.

Walking into the hall Piper closes the front door behind me and follows me up the stairs with her loosened tie hanging around her neck.

As soon as she'd closed my bedroom door I made my way straight into her arms and let the tears flow.

"Did he do anything else other than what I saw?" She asks me in a gentle tone.

I just shake my head into her chest as I sob, I can't contain myself, my entire body is racked with them.

"Shh calm down, he's gone and you'll never have to experience that again take my word for it," She assures me.

"I'm sorry I didn't stop it sooner," She runs her hand through my hair in a comforting manner.

"It's not your fault," I manage to choke out and her grip around me tightens. If I didn't have her right now I have no idea what I'd do.

Lifting my head out of her chest with her strong relaxing hands she smiles at me softly as she tries to make me feel better.

"Where's my beautiful girlfriend?" She wipes my tears away and somehow her question summons a giggle from my saddened state.

"Girlfriend?" I ask her sniffing and her smile grows a crooked quality as she nods responding.

"Yeah girlfriend,"

A/N: How was it guys?? I just want to note here guys that sexual assault is anything from groping to rape and any act can affect any victim differently. It is not a joke. It is a serious problem that needs to be tackled especially in the media industry.