Chapter 24

Scarlett's POV

When Katie pulled me out of the way of the car I was really scared because I didn't want Mommy mad at me which she said she wasn't but I also didn't want Katie to get hurt, she is my big sister after all. I don't think Granma knows about it so I'm not gonna say anything, I don't want her mad at me too. I hope Mommy and Katie get back soon they're funny and I'm really bored watching tv with poppy I'm pretty sure he's fallen asleep.

Mommy and Katie are out at the minute visiting childrens hospital's for christmas, I don't know why but Granma told me it was because Mommy was famous and Katie was too, but I still don't know what that means so she just gave up on explaining it to me. Granma also told me that my uncle Blain and uncle Ben where going to come over for dinner tonight, and it's a surprise for Mommy but Katie knows about it so that she can help stall her, whatever that means.

"Hi Scarlett." A tall man with brown hair and a beard says to me, popping his head through the door frame between the kitchen and living room.

"Hi" I answer shyly nuzzling further into poppy's side.

"I'm your uncle Blaine." He says knealing down in front of where I sit on the couch.

"Hi" I say again not knowing what to say to him.

In response he just smiles and scoops me up off the couch and flings me over his shoulder as I kick and giggle.

"St-op it." I giggle short of breath.

"Nope you're coming to see uncle Ben." He beams happily and walks into the kitchen with me over his shoulder.

"Blaine! Put that poor child down!" Granma shouts at him while laughing.

"Yes Mom." He obeys quickly and sets me down on the floor.

"You okay Scarlett?" Granma asks me as she drys a plate.

In response I just nod with a grin on my face and my arms folded as Blaine stands beside me pouting.

"Ben!" Blaine shouts through the kitchen door.

"Yeah!?" another voice I'm guessing is Ben's shouts back.

"Come here!" Blaine shouts back.

"Coming!" He shouts back.

"Here I am." A tall man with brown hair and a beard says walking into the kitchen with his arms open says happily.

"Here's Scarlett." Blaine gestures towards me, this results in yet again another unwanted pick up from a stranger.

This time I just giggle and smile waiting for him to set me down.

"She didn't have that reaction when I picked her up." Blaine pouts with his arms folded.

"She clearly just likes me better." Ben says putting me down again.

"Does not." Blaine fights back.

"Does to." Ben counters, this just keeps going so I walk out and into the living room where I resume my previous position on the couch nuzzled into Poppy's side.

Katie's POV

"Jen it's like seven o'clock we've been here way longer than intended." I groan to her when no staff or patients are nearby.

"I know and I promise we are leaving now." She assures me and goes to sign what I'm hopeing is the last of her autographs.

Jen was quick about it so I didn't have to whine and groan as much as I expected I would have to. We left the hospital at a quarter past seven so it wasn't much of a wait.