Chapter 96

Jen's POV

Walking out into the street and leaving the apartment building behind I walk down the street fighting the tears back due to my fear of the press showing up.

"Jen!" Piper yells from afar and I turn around to see her sprinting up towards me.

"Just leave me alone!" I yell in response and turn around walking further down the block.

"Jen just stop!" She catches up to me and turns me around.

"No get off I'm fine," I push her away with force.

"No you're not, you're crying Jen. Just let me help I want to help," She steps towards me causing me to step back avoiding her making contact with me.

"Piper just back off I need to be alone, this is a lot to take in," I snap harshly.

"I'm not the enemy here Jen just let me be there for you that's all I want to do," She moves towards me again which just causes me to move away. Again.

She moves in to embrace me but I just shove her away from me in an angry and gruff manner. Turning to walk away again she grabs my arm and pulls me into the alley way beside us. Multiple members of the homeless community reside in this alley way which doesn't make it a great place for whatever conversation this may be but she's relentless.

"Piper get off!" I scream at her and she just keeps her hands on my shoulders boring her eyes straight into mine.

"Jen calm down and listen to me!" She yells and I am forced to give in. I can't run from the conversation, I have nowhere to run and I can't escape her strength.

"Can I speak now?" She asks in a calmer tone as she loosens her grip but doesn't release it entirely. Nodding to her she takes the indication and inhales deeply before speaking.

"You can't just run. I know you can't, I've been in her place before and the last thing people should've done to me is yell at me and tell me what I've done wrong. I knew what I'd done wrong and so does she," She explains details of her pass that I hadn't known.

"Piper I-" She cuts me off.

"Hold on just let me finish. It's a coping mechanism, there's obviously something wrong that she hasn't told anyone. You need to go and speak to her when she isn't under any influence and discuss this with her," She tells me what my course of action should be and it sounds reasonable. Looking down at my feet as she keeps her hands on my shoulders I let the tears slip again, leaning forward I drop my forehead against her chest as she breathes erratically.

"Don't try and push me away again," She moves her hands to my waist and I just nod sliding my arms up and around her neck.

Our brief moment is interrupted however when someone grabs my bag off my shoulder and takes off into the alley. Piper being Piper goes straight after them in a ferocious fashion.

"Hey asshole!" She grabs their shoulder as she catches them in the distance. Deep in the alley way.

They whip around and she is halted abruptly in her tracks.

"Piper," I murmur to myself as she stands still. Not moving.

As the person steps back, she leans forward. As the person moves away from her, she falls forward onto the hard asphalt. As the person runs off, she lays still.

"Piper!" I scream running over to her as the thief disappears out the other end of the alley.

Kneeling down beside her I roll her onto her back and am met my her hand clenching her stomach as blood floods between her fingers.

"You shouldn't have done that," I begin to sob as I move my hands in under her blood drenched hoodie and press them to the deep and widely spread wound but my efforts do little to slow the bleeding.

"It'll be okay," She wraps her blood stained hands around my wrists as her eyes open and close slowly and my tears land on her chest.

"No it's not," I shake my head looking at her hands that are slowly losing their warmth and strong grip.

"Help!!" I scream down the alley way in hopes of someone coming to our aid.

"Help!!" My screaming attracts the attention of someone in the distance and they come running into the closed off area.

Looking down at Piper again her eyes are closed as she breathes faintly.

"Piper!" I yell at her and shake her face. Her eyes open again weakly but they don't stay.

"Piper come on stay with me! Wake up! Help is coming!" I scream desperately looking at her pallid expression.

No response.

My mind automatically goes to the worst but I don't get a chance to check her pulse as I'm pushed to the ground and held down by a man in rough clothes and a balaclava.

Although before he can lay a hand on me he is ripped off and thrown to the ground.

Standing over him is Katie who's eyes bulge out of her head as she breathes heavily and balls her hands into fists.

"Katie," I murmur her name as the man gets up and attempts to lay into her. She's quick though, quicker than I remember. She's moving like a dart.

Knowing I need to get help I scramble to my feet and run up to the street finding a police cruiser. Running to the window I slam my blood covered hands on the window and they quickly jump out asking me pointless questions. Ignoring them I run back to the alley with them following.

As we're reaching the scene Katie's back is to us as the man looks up and sees the police.

Pulling a knife out he tries to stab Katie but she grabs the knife leaving a gash down the palm of her hand. Before she can push the knife away he forces it through her grip and into her leg as she yells letting go and dropping to her knees.

As she grabs her thigh looking down at the blood seeping out of her leg he kicks her in the face and she goes straight down.

The man runs off into the distance with one of the officers pursuing him.

My entire body is racked with fear, I shake, I sob, I struggle to breathe. I'm nearly paralysed with fear.

"Katie!" I kneel beside her where she lays almost right beside Piper.

She's knocked out. Pulling my thin scarf out of my coat pocket, I wrap it tightly around her leg and am forced to leave her to try and prevent Piper's bleeding.

Taking Katie's bleeding hand from behind me I hold it as I hold Piper's wound with my other.

I need to support both of them.

They both mean the world to me.

A/N: How was it guys?? Who likes Piper?