Chapter 57

Jen's POV

Scarlett and myself are flying back to NI today. Filming has wrapped which is a plus considering I won't have to work for a while because all the other movies I've signed onto are still in development. I haven't told Darren yet and I'm not going to until I tell Katie. I'm more scared to tell her for some reason.

"Ready?" I ask Scarlett just as our car pulls up beside the plane.

"Yeah," She smiles and I lift her onto my hip as I climb out of the car. I carry her to the plane and up the steps. I avoid looking at the paparazzi that have been following us all week. They're practically breaking down the fence in an attempt to get a good picture of us. I shield Scarlett's face and my own so that they can't prove that they're of us.

I sit Scarlett on the seat beside me and pull my sunglasses of in anger and fire them down on the table.

The Jet:

I sit down on the seat with my elbow on the armrest

I sit down on the seat with my elbow on the armrest. I pull my phone out and look at the countless notifications I'm getting. My friends have been texting me a lot to see how I am. My publicist has been going insane over the amount of media attention I've been getting so most of the notifications are from her. One text surprises me though.

How you doin Jen?

Hi stranger long time no talk. I'm okay not amazing.

When I see you I'm gonna hug you

When you see me?

Yea.

When might that be?

Just expect me tomorrow.

Shall do.

Gotta go Jen. It's nice to know you're hangin in there. Just like you always do.

See you tomorrow I guess.

I put my phone down and sigh to myself. I'm not replying to anything else. I can not be assed. I'm completely exhausted.

I rummage in my handbag in search of my water but I come across something that causes my chest to tighten. I bring my hand out of the bag as my fingers clasp the device in my hand. I look down at Katie's phone with a sad smile and look over at Scarlett who is already fast asleep buckled into the seat beside me.

I press the button on the side of the phone and the screen lights up with a picture of Scarlett and myself.
It's a good picture. She took it on Christmas Day. It's of the two of us sitting on the floor across from each other as we look at Scar's presents. We're both smiling widely and I grin down at the phone as I look at the picture.