Chapter 63

Katie's POV

"Come on ya wee scoundrel," I laugh at Scarlett as she teases Kevin with Huggy by dangling the stuffed giraffe in front of his nose.

She giggles in return and scampers down the steps towards me.

"Will we just go for a walk then?" I ask her and she nods climbing into the back seat of my car.

I got the car about a week ago and I'm really happy with it. I payed for it with my own money, I earn it from posting on social media promoting products and events. Jen wanted to pay for it but I told her that she'd already bought me enough. Besides the endorsement deals pay very very well.

It's a dark grey Mercedes C63S AMG with a yellow sport stripe down the length of the vehicle.

I open the passenger seat door and pick Kevin up setting him down on the seat. I walk round the car and climb into the driver seat and sigh settling into the seat.

"Music," Scar commands me and I shake my head chucking at her.

"Okay boss," I reply and take my phone out of the back pocket of my black jeans.

"Want me to pick?" I ask her and I look up over my cap to see her nod in the rear view mirror.

After fulfilling Scarlett's wishes I pull out of the drive way and drive carefully towards the Hollywood Hills, my driving has drastically changed since the crash, I was very confident but now incredibly nervous, Jen says it's a good thing but I'm not so sure about it.

My mind wonders to Jen and how it's going with Darren. I like Darren but recently I've read a few things about him which have made me slightly weary of him and his intentions. I know I shouldn't believe what's said on the internet but they where reliable sources. I haven't said anything to Jen about it yet, I don't know how she'll react so I'm going to leave it and see what his behaviour is like when I get back.

I'm brought out if my train of thought when the sound of water from a tap. I look to my right and am greeted by the image of Kevin pissing on my leather seat.

"Hey! Stop it you wee prick!" I yell at him.

He looks at me and his ears go back in fear and his eyes go wide.

"Dirty Bastard," I groan and pull over to the side of the road into the bicycle lane.

"Bad words," Scar giggles and I struggle with my seat belt as I try and get out of the car.

"I know don't repeat them. Mom will kill me," I laugh at her as I shut my door and walk around the car.

"Bad dog," I tell him and he whimpers in response.

"For fuck sake," I mutter quietly under my breath.

I scoop him up and put of his piss puddle and put him in the back on the floor in front of Scarlett.

"One second," I groan and go to the boot in search of something that has a chance of absorbing the mess.

To no prevail I slam the boot closed in anger and climb back into the car.

"No walk for now," I sigh and do a U turn on the road toward home.

"Why?" Scarlett pouts.

"Because Kevin is a dirty bugger," I reply and she giggles.

"Music!" She shouts.

"Yeah yeah I know," I laugh back.

I put on some music to keep the little tyrant happy until we get home.

Once we're home the dread of walking in starts to kick in.

"Stay here for a few minutes. I'll come get you," I tell Scarlett and close the door before she can answer. I jog across the driveway and up the steps.

I unlock the door and walk in making myself known by making my footsteps louder than they would be.

"Katie?" Jen calls from the living room.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"One second," She calls back and seconds later as I round the corner into the living room Jennifer's body makes impact with me and I stumble back as she clings to me and wraps her legs around my waist. Fear surges through me and I fight to keep my balance. Luckily I manage to stand still and she starts to laugh at me.

"I did it, I told him," She wraps her arms around my head tightly and I struggle to breath.

"I take it that it went well," I wheeze as I force her to get off me but she doesn't oblige and continues to cling to me tightly.

"He was so sweet and supportive," She gushes.

"Okay good but you're kinda crushing my scull," I gasp for air.

"Oh right sorry," She climbs off me.

"Give me some warning next time," I complain to her and she grins.

"Stop smiling like it's a surprise. I was right as always," I laugh at her and she pulls me into a tight embrace.

"Now to tell Scarlett," I laugh into her shoulder.

"Where is she?" She asks.

"In the car," I reply and step out of the embrace.

"Why?" She chuckles.

"Doesn't matter. Where's the father to be anyway?" I ask her.

"He went to get some stuff for dinner. He wants to cook," She smiles.

"Oh right good boy," I laugh.

"You go get Scarlett I'm gonna go get some water. I think I've got whiplash thanks to you," I tell her and run the back of my neck.

"See you in a minute," She grins happily and runs out to my car.

Fuck that reminds me I need to clean the seat. I'll do it later, fuck it.

I'm very glad to see Jen happy she deserves it after the shit she's been through but it doesn't change my suspicions.

A/N: How was it??