Chapter 37

Jen's POV (They've flown back to LA for the three weeks Jen has off) Idea credit goes to jlawfan1106

"You okay?" Katie asks me from across the kitchen island.

"Hmm yeah," I mutter coming out of my daze.

"What time is it?" I ask her curiously as I get up from my seat and walk over to the fridge.

"Seven," She replies and goes on her phone.

"What you wanna do for dinner?" I question as I look in the fridge.

"Actually can I ask you something?" She queries with weariness in her tone.

"Yeah, shoot," I reply without turning around.

"Well Jennifer just texted me about going to hers tonight for a bit. Is that okay?" She questions. I don't see any problem with that. What was she worried about?

"Um yeah sure," I reply with a grin. I'm happy she's got a friend now.

"Thanks," She grins and then goes on her phone again and puts it down again.

"I'm gonna go get changed," She announces and goes upstairs.

"Scarlett?" I call into the living room.

"Yeaw?" She calls back and I walk in to find her on the carpet in front of the couch with Huggy and multiple other stuffed animals.

"What you want to eat?" I smile to her and sit down amongst the animals.

"I dunno," She pouts and starts thinking.

"I'm gonna go," I hear Katie say from the door way.

I look up to see her in black high waisted jeans a grey crop top with a black leather jacket and brown suede boots.

"That was fast," I reply and she chuckles.

"What time will you be back?" I ask curiously.

"Like eleven," She replies with a grin.

Why's she so happy?

"Okay well see you then," I smile and she grins back at me.

"Oh yeah could I borrow your car?" She asks and I nod then get up and grab the key from the kitchen and return to where she stands.

"Thanks," She smiles and I hand her the key.

"Wait this is the GTS key?" She tries to hand it back.

"Be careful," I smile and she grabs me into a hug.

"I will," She laughs and turns to leave.

"Bye Scar," She waves and walks out the front door.

"Bye," Scar grins as her little eyes follow Katie out the door.

"So what you want?" I ask her again and sit down beside her.

"Pafta," She smiles at me and I chuckle at her lisp.

"Pafta it is," I giggle and get up and go to the kitchen to make it.

Once we had dinner, I put Scarlett to bed and I went downstairs to do some work.

Four scripts read out of my ten script mound later, I check the time and it reads twelve. Katie said she would be back an hour ago and she hasn't text me.

I send her a text.

"Where are you?x"

No reply.

I wait twenty minutes.

Still no reply.

I begin to grow a little worried so I get in my car and drive to Jennifer's house. Katie showed me how to track her on my phone so that I would relax a bit more when I was away filming.

I pull up to Jennifer's house and see the GTS parked in the driveway so I relax a little but then I look at the house.

It looks like a party is dying down. There's red cups on the lawn and countless cars parked on the street in front of it.

I don't get out of my car I sit there and wait, calling Katie's phone and watching the house carefully.

I think I've called her about sixty times when finally i get a call from her and I hear her voice at the other end of the line.

"Hello?" She asks down the line in a croaky voice.

"Hi, where are you?" I ask her to see if she'll lie.

"I'm at Jennifer's. Could you pick me up?" She chokes out. What's wrong with her? Is she crying?

"Um yeah I'll be five minutes. Hang tight." I reply and await her answer.

"Okay," She sniffs a little.

"I'll call when I'm there," I reply and hang up. I couldn't say to her that I'm here, she'd freak out and think I don't trust her when it's the exact opposite, I probably trust her too much and given tonight's events I think I just lost a little bit of my trust for her.

Five minutes pass and I call her phone.

She doesn't answer.

I make the decision to go in. As much as I don't want to it's probably a good idea to get a look inside.

I slowly climb out of my car and walk across the road. I look down and evaluate my appearance. Grey beanie, black jeans and a blue baggy hoodie.

"Oh Jesus," I mutter to myself as I walk up the lawn and to the front door.

"I've looked worse," I groan and walk into the house.

It's trashed and smells of alcohol, cigarettes and weed.

All I hope is that Katie had no part in this. I'm border line okay with alcohol, just so long as it's in a controlled environment and this is most certainly not but the other two I am not allowing as long as I'm still breathing.

There's only a few people left in the house. I linger my way from the hallway into the living room where Katie is sitting on the couch and some guy is sitting beside her trying to do stuff but she just moves away and pushes him away, subtly trying to get him to take a hint. He's taking them but he's got other intentions.

Some girl is asleep on the couch beside her. I'm guessing it's her friend Jennifer.

"Huh huh," I make myself known and Katie's eyes shoot up.

She quickly jumps up and comes over to me and hugs me tightly which I return and sink into the hug. Where she was sitting on the couch I notice a red patch and I can't put it down to her period, she was complaining about that about a week and a half ago, it'd be over by now. There's only one other thing I could possibly put it down to and I'm terrified to consider it or even think about it.

"Come on," I mutter and look at the guy who she was with. He looks high as a kite. He probably doesn't even know where he is.

"Thank you," She stutters as we walk out the door.

I'm left with two burning questions in my mind. What did she do? And why did she lie to me?

A/N: What do you guys think? What do you think she did??