Chapter 92

Jen's POV

"I forgot my phone," Piper walks into the kitchen with the same clothes on as last night, only now they're disheveled and creased, her shirt tail hangs out and her shoe laces dangle untied as she trails her jacket and tie in with her. She's carrying a cheeky grin but it disappears when she comes across my saddened expression.

"What's wrong?" Her pace quickens as she finds her way over beside me and takes a seat, wrapping her arms around my shoulders and pulling me into her chest.

"It's nothing it doesn't matter," I shake my head into her and all the while accepting her comfort which I'm sure does little to back up my response.

"Anything that matters to you, matters to me. Now spit it out," She demands and I give in knowing she's impossible to fight on this front. She's too caring and here's where it's going to get her hurt.

"I lied about last night to Katie cause I didn't want her freaking out, much like you did and as it turns out... She already knew," I explain to her with a sigh of defeat at the end.

"Can I be honest with you?" She asks me and I take my head out of her chest and nod up to her.

"I hoped you would," I tell her and she swallows strongly before replying.

"I'm kinda with her on this one... She likes to know that you're okay just like you like to know she's okay," She points out timidly.

"If you had have lied to me about last night I would've been pissed and from what you've told me this isn't the first time you've had this argument with her," Piper explains as gently as she can, I can tell she's terrified of making me angry.

"Speak to her. You'll feel better once you have," She gets up from her seat and picks up her phone from the end of the counter she left it on.

"Where are you going?" I ask her much more worriedly than I had meant to.

"I have to go to the gym and do some stuff. I'll see you later though, it's my shift," She assures me and I accept her terms with a nod.

"Okay," I nod and she smiles softly before leaving to set about her day.

I'll miss her while she's gone I'm not gonna lie.

Going upstairs to Katie's room she's already left, where she's gone is unknown to me but I'll just speak to her when she gets back. Going to Scarlett's room I walk in and sit on the side of her bed, placing my hand on her chest as it rises and falls with her steady breaths.

"It's time to get up you wee pain," I smile down at her and her eye lids reluctantly draw back as she becomes aware of her surroundings.

"You're calling me a pain?" She counters and I'm taken back by her wits. Some may call her remark cheeky but to me it's incredibly smart for a child of her age.

"Somebodies got an attitude this morning," I chuckle lifting her out of bed as she fights down a smile.

"Sorry," She apologises and I smile replying.

"It's okay," I allow her to wrap her arms around my neck as I embrace her warmth, it's surprisingly cold in the house and I think it's taking its tole on me.

Just as I'm about to walk over to the chest of drawers I can hear Alex's morning tantrum hit the atmosphere at full speed.

Fucking hell! I can't take this shit right now why do I have to be the only person here I just want a bit of back up that's all!

Is that too much to ask??

Verging on a mental break down I swear to god.

"I got it!" Thank god for Laura.

Sighing in unconditional relief I go about getting Scarlett changed then find my way back downstairs where Laura is feeding Alex.

"Thank god you came over," I tell her and she chuckles.

"No problem," She nods.

"Soooo..." Laura starts as I set Scarlett down and let her run free.

"Soooo?" I question curiously.

"I nearly drove into Piper on my way in," She tells me.

"She still had a few bruises from last time I saw her but what really caught my attention is that it's 8am and her shift is always at 1," She points out and I avoid eye contact as I set about making myself some coffee.

"And?"

"And... you two are kinda close now," She adds.

"I don't know what you're getting at," I lie to her.

"Don't play dumb I see that hickey," She points at a spot below my ear and I grab it rubbing it nervously.

"I'm not gay!" I exclaim terrified to admit the relationship to her.

"It's not like I care if you are and I know you're not but the way you look at Piper is really god damn cute," She explains and I chuckle as if what she has said is far fetched and inconceivable.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I groan at her and she tuts before continuing.

"I'd do it if I wasn't married. Piper is adorable and stupid hot," She builds a case.

"Now you sound gay," I fight her.

"I'm not gay if I wanna fuck Piper, she's an acceptation. She's that hot," She explains and I scold her.

"Language," I grow angry at her negligence.

"Okay calm down Gaylord," She smiles in a teasing manner and I give in knowing I can trust Laura with anything.

"Okay fine for the sake of the hypothetical what do I do to seal the deal?" I ask her nervously.

"Seal the deal?" She smirks.

"You like her that much? I thought it was just her looks," She chuckles.

"No they're just a really really good bonus. She's actually really really sweet and actually isn't full of herself as you'd expect her to be," I explain to her in an unintentionally enthusiastic manner.

"God even when you talk about her you're cute," She groans and I laugh at her opposition to my behaviour.

"Now you know how I feel when you talk about your other half," I point out.

"Okay right you have my permission to divulge your full cuteness," She allows me and I smirk deciding to do as told.

Let's just say I went there. I told Laura everything. Everything about Piper and I's relationship is a part of Laura's knowledge base thanks to me and my excited but huge mouth.

Piper's adorable and I love boasting that she's mine.

A/N: How was it guys!!! Please leave a review!