Chapter 15

Katie's POV
"Ready to go?" Jen questions me walking into the living room where i am sunken into the couch cushions.

In response i just groan and attempt to burry myself deeper into the couches warmth.

"We have to do it eventually." She responds while grabbing my arm and pulling me up.

"I know." I sigh in return while dragging myself up with the help of Jen.

"We get to take the new car." She attempts to lighten my mood while standing across from me arms folded.

"True." I grin in her direction.

"Shotgun!" I shout, running out of the house.

"There's only two seats." She laughs from behind me.

"Still!" I shout back and run out the front door.

"Come on Jen." I groan as she walks down the front door steps.

"Calm down." She laughs at my enthusiasm. Seconds later the car opens and i jump in eagerly.

"Happy now?" She questions getting in.

"Very." I smile to her from the passenger seat as she presses the engine start button and it roars to life.

"This really is a nice car." Jen admits smiling as we pull out of the driveway.

"Im glad you like it." I grin over to her then continue fiddling with the dashboard so that i can play music on the bluetooth system. I actually cant believe Jen bought this car just because i suggested it, she really does trust my opinion.

"What are you doing?" She questions me darting her eyes between the dashboard and the road.

"Im connecting my phone to the car." I respond while connecting.

"Oh right." She nods her head.

"Are you still nervous about the interview?" She breaks the silence that had formed through my concentration. After her question i can feel my face go pale, my hands begin to shake and i stop moving. I am nervous but i never let Jen know I don't want her to worry because she has enough to worry about.

"You are." She sighs at my sudden mood change.

"Yeah." I speak timidly in her direction.

"Its okay to be worried it's going to be fine though and I'm right there beside you if you need any help. I can even speak to the interviewer beforehand and tell them to avoid any questions you don't want to answer." she responds in an encouraging tone.

"Yeah i know I'm just being stupid." I sigh in return, gaining my composure and continuing to look for a song to play through the speakers. I settle on tighten up by the black keys. Because i know Jen likes them and i actually like them too.

"I love this song." Jen beams with a grin and looks over at me.

"I thought you would and i do too." I smile back to her.

"You do?" She questions me surprised.

"Yeah. Why are you surprised by that?" I question her.

"I don't know i just didn't expect people of your generation to like them." She explains.

"Well i do so... yeah." I sigh.

"Another thing we have in common." Jen smiles over at me.

"Yeah true." I smile back.