Chapter 54

Katie's POV

"Right I'll see you guys in the morning," I tell Jen and Darren as I stand at their hotel room door.

"Okay, night. Love you!" Jen calls back as the door closes behind me.

"Love you!" I call back even though she probably can't hear me.

I walk down the hall and into Laura, Scarlett and me's room.

"Miss me," I smirk as I walk into my room and drop my room key on the table beside the door.

"Immensely," Laura replies and walks into the bathroom.

I grab my hoodie and pyjama bottoms ready to go to bed. I pull my hoodie on and am about to undo my belt when there's a loud knock at the hotel room door. Laura's still in the bathroom and Scar is in bed so I walk over and open it.

Upon opening it I'm greeted by Jen and I smile. She does not return.

She grabs the chest of my hoodie and drags me through the door slamming it behind her and pinning me against the wall across from the door.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!?" She yells at me and I gulp.

I don't reply.

"Why the fuck did you post that comment!? You knew it was a bad idea yet you did it anyway!!" She spits viciously.

I still don't reply. There's nothing I can say to defend myself, I know I'm wrong.

"You need to fix this you fucking idiot!" She yells with her hand still tightly holding the chest of my hoodie.

I still don't reply.

She lets go and steps back slightly.

I don't know what do do I just freeze up in my spot.

"Why did you do it?" She asks me.

"To protect you but I was doing to opposite," I reply quietly.

She doesn't respond so I take the opportunity to walk away. I walk down the hall and out of the hotel. When I walk out the door there is photographers swarming the exit. Lights flashing in my eyes and I stop in my tracks with my hand over my eyes.

Anger rises in me as they shout questions and accusations at me.

Fuck off. Fuck off. Fuck off.

One press member with an obnoxiously large camera stands in front of me blocking my way.

I don't give a shit how I look right now I just want them out of my face.

I reach into my jean pocket and pull out he keys to the rental car.

"Get out of my way," I growl at them angrily and they don't move.

"Fuck off!" I yell viciously and rip the camera from their hands smashing it on the ground. I smash through them and run to the car, getting in without them following.

I put the key in the ignition turning the car on but I don't drive. I lay my head on the steering wheel.

Why am I such a fucking dumbass? The car door opens beside me and my head shoots up.

"Where are you going?" Jen asks as she climbs in beside me. You can tell by her face that she's still angry and that my explanation wasn't good enough.

"I don't know," I reply and look forward pulling out of the parking space.

We drive silently. I drive through the narrow, windy country roads as the rain begins to lash down on the wind screen impairing my vision.