Chapter 88

Jen's POV

"We're back!" I call into the hall as I help Piper in, she's limping on her left leg and it's getting to be quite alarming.

"We're?" Laura asks as she walks into the hall.

"Oh hi Piper," She smiles but it fades when she takes in the scene.

"Jesus what the hell happened to you?" She rushes over and takes Piper's other side.

"I got arrested for getting into a fight with some drunk dude," Piper manages to explain through her pain filled expression.

"You need to stop doing that," I comment in a jocular manner and she nods with a soft crooked smile.

"I think I've learnt my lesson,"

"I hope so," I rub her back softly as we walk her towards the staircase. After my reply I can see her smile slightly in the corner of my eye and look at me.

Bringing Piper up to the spare room she sits down on the side of the bed and rubs her leg in aggravation.

"I'll get you a first aid kit and some clean clothes," I tell her as I look at her blood stained pair of jeans and ripped dirty hoodie.

"Do you want some help with your clothes?" Laura asks her and she just shakes her head.

"I'm good I can fend for myself on that front," She nods and starts pulling her hoodie off to reveal her literal six pac and toned strong arms.

"Daaamn Piper I didn't expect that," Laura gawks and I contain my own very personal thoughts and comments.

"Don't you have a husband?" Piper asks dropping her hoodie onto the bed beside her.

"Doesn't mean I can't appreciate other hot people. Jesus so sue me," Laura waves her off as she walks out leaving us alone.

Looking back over to Piper I begin to giggle and Piper just grins looking down into her lap playing with her fingers.

"That looks sore," I comment noticing a purple swelling bruise on her left side.

"Not that bad. Had worse," She shrugs standing up onto her pained leg which she clearly regrets immediately as she falls forward and stops herself holding herself up over the bed.

"Sit back down Piper," I go over placing my hands high on her sides, avoiding the bruising and sitting her back down.

"Here lay on the bed and I'll get that stuff," I tell her and she just nods knowing not to fight me.

Shuffling her up onto the bed, her back rests against the head board and her left leg hangs down off the side of the bed.

"What did he do to your leg?" I touch it gently with the tips of my fingers and she grabs the wound quickly with pain running through her eyes.

"I'm sorry Pipes I didn't mean to-" She cuts me off with surprised eyes.

"Pipes?" She asks.

"My ex called me that," She tells me something she must think I don't know.

"I'm sorry it just slipped out I shouldn-" Once again she cuts me off taking my hand with a soft laugh.

"Stop apologising Jen. You can call me that if you want, I don't mind," She assures me and I just nod as she let's go of my hand leaving her warmth tingling on the surface of my skin.

"I'll be back in a second," I need out of this room so badly, I'm gonna do something stupid if I stay in here.

"Okay," She nods letting me go.

Just after I've left and am walking down the stairs Laura catches me at the bottom.

"What happened to her?" She asks me.

"I know as much as you do," I tell her.

"Why did you bring her back here?" Jesus she's just full of questions.

"She stayed with me when I broke my arm and she's my friend, I'm not gonna leave her on her own in that type of shape," I walk past her and leave the conversation behind.

Getting the first aid kit and clothes I make my way back into the tense environment I previously experienced, Piper doesn't feel the tension you can see, it's all in my head.

"Here put this t-shirt and tracksuit bottoms on," I place the black v-neck t-shirt along with some black tracksuit bottoms beside her and she does as told but when she gets to her jeans the wound is much worse than I expected. Just above her knee is a deep gash still bleeding down her calve.

"Christ Piper that needs stitches," I kneel down to her knee and she just shakes her head pulling the tracksuit bottoms on.

"I'll sort it out," She nods sitting down again.

"What so you're gonna stitch it?" I fold my arms in confusion and she nods.

"I'm trained in first aid," She tells me and I just give in knowing she's a stubborn bugger.

"At least let me clean up your face," I sit down beside her on the side of the bed and take out a packet of antiseptic wipes.

"This will sting," I warn her and she just smiles.

"I'm sure I can handle it," She assures me.

"Okay Rocky," I smirk and she chuckles.

Taking a wipe out I place my free hand on the side of her face and carefully wipe over the smallest of cuts on her jawline with my other hand and she hisses grabbing my hand.

"Sorry sorry," I stutter in fear and she starts to laugh.

"I'm joking," She grins.

"You're a jerk," I look down embarrassed and notice her hand still wrapped around mine.

Looking up at her she sees our hands and quickly let's go trying to hide the upturned corners of her lips.

Starting to wipe her face again her eyes avoid mine as they travel around the room. One is very daunting with its purely red cornea and the other is getting to the same point with its veiny look. Thanks to my examination of her eyes I hadn't noticed them boring straight into mine.

Not knowing what to do I let go of her face and open my mouth to speak but I surprise Piper and myself when I initiate the- the...

Best kiss I've ever participated in.

A/N: What the hell you guys thinking? Do you agree with the story line or am I about to lose a lot of readers? Just wanna say I was terrified of publishing this.