Chapter 39

Jen's POV

Things between Katie and myself have been awkward since we spoke this morning but, I'm trying not to dwell on the events that took place last night. After our conversation was the most awkward point of the past few hours. We had to go collect the other car from her friends house which was not fun. Katie is watching tv in the living room while Scar takes a nap and I do some work on my laptop at the kitchen island.

"Hellooo," Katie greets as she walks into the kitchen and opens the fridge, retrieving a bottle of water.

"Hi," I chuckle slightly in an attempt to keep the mood light.

"What ya doin'?" She inquires and sits on top of the island beside me so that she faces me.

"Stuuuuuuff and thinggggggs," I mock her and she laughs.

"Nah seriously what ya at?" She asks me.

"Just talking to Frances about filming," I inform her and she nods.

"When does that start again?" She queries.

"Uh I think like two weeks," I reply unsure, I know it's in that time frame though.

"Cooooool," She ooo's away.

"Yeah," I grin and she nods.

"So..." She drags out.

"So..." I mock her and sit back in my seat with my arms folded.

"How's things with Darren?" She asks and I get nervous.

"Good. Why?" I reply and she nods.

"Just wondering," She sighs and keeps looking at me.

"What?" I ask a few silent seconds into the stare session.

"When you seeing him next?" She asks with her eyes wide in anticipation.

"I don't know," I reply even though I do.

"Just so you know if he hurts you I'll beat the holy hell out of him," She smiles with a thumbs up and I burst out laughing and bend over my laptop.

"Why?" I manage to laugh out.

"Cause I ain't have'n it," She grins.

"You deserve someone who won't do that," She smiles genuinely and squeezes my shoulder.

I don't reply and squeeze her hand with mine as it rests on my shoulder.

"Did you see your fans reaction when they saw the pictures of you guys?" She chuckles slightly.

"No why?" I ask In curiosity.

"One sec," She tells me and takes out her phone.

"Here read those," She says handing me her phone. It's Darren's instagram page and the first comment makes me burst out laughing.

"Oh my god," I laugh a little after reading the comments at how protective and psychotic my fans can be

"I know right," Katie laughs and puts her phone away.

"Don't you forget Jen I'm one of them so if he pisses you off, just tell me and I'll assemble an army on his ass," Katie tells me with her finger pointed and eyes wide trying to say I'm serious and it just makes me giggle.

"I'll keep that in mind," I laugh hugging her and she returns it with an aww.

"Now I've got shit to do," I announce ending the hug and turning back to face my laptop.

"Okay I'll leave ya be," She grins and walks out of the kitchen.

"Oh uh Emma is coming over later for dinner!" I yell to her and wait for a response.

"Sounds good!" She shouts back and I hear her scamper up the stairs.

I bury my head in my work for another few hours until Katie comes down again.

"Here look," She says and I look at her phone.

"That's really good. But please don't make me stare at my own face again. Can you not make a edit of la la land or something?" I ask her in a groaning tone and she laughs.

"Nope sorry," She pops the P.

"You're annoying," I mutter back.

"I know," She smiles and I turn back to my laptop.

"It is really good though I promise," I reassure her and she smiles warmly.

"Thanks," She grins.

"What time is John coming at?" She asks referring to Emma. I call her John cause we both had the same stalker called John.

"Uh like seven," I reply with my eyes on my laptop.

"Well it's six thirty at the minute," She tells me.

"Shit," I mutter and shut my laptop.

"I thought I'd get that reaction," She grins proudly and I ignore her and dart upstairs.

"Get Scarlett up!" I yell down to Katie.

"I think you just did!" She shouts back.

"Don't get smart with me!" I try and sound stern as a joke.

"Someone has to in this relationship!" She laughs and I chuckle.

"Fair point," I reply and go to have a shower.

After getting showered and into a pair of jeans and a hoodie as apposed to sweats that I was in before, I go down stairs to see that it's ten to seven.

"What you want to eat?" Katie asks me when I walk into the living room.

"I don't mind. You?" I question and sit down beside her.

"Meh," She shrugs.

"Where's Scarlett?" I ask her.

"Toilet," Katie replies.

"Emma hasn't met Scar yet has she?" Katie asks me.

"No just you when we where in New York," I confirm to her.

"Ah right," She nods with her Northern Irish accent coming through.

"I can't get enough of that accent," I laugh at her and she smiles and looks at me.

"You're weird," She chuckles and shakes her head then looks back at the tv.

"What are we doing with Emma? Just food and a movie?" She asks.

"Uh huh," I nod back.

A/N: How was this? I'm trying to tone the atmosphere down because the last few chapters have been very heavy.