Chapter 98

Jen's POV

Being nudged awake from my unrecommended place of the slumber. The metal seats in the waiting room. I open my eyes and see a nurse which immediately makes me bolt upright anticipating news of Piper's condition.

"What? Is it Piper? How is she?" I stammer multiple questions at her as she places her hands on my shoulders gently in an attempt to calm me.

"Calm down Miss. Lawrence, she's okay, they were able to stop the bleeding and she's in recovery," She tells me and a smile breaks onto my lips as I stand up excited to go and see her.

"Now she's not awake yet but since you've been waiting so long I'll let you go in and see her, I'm not really meant to but it's clear she means a lot to you," She explains and I smile at her kindness.

"Thank you I can't thank you enough," I begin to follow her as she walks to Piper's room.

Leading me down a few different hallways we soon reach Piper's room and the nurse stops in front of the door, turning around to face me with a weary expression.

"Just be prepared, there's a lot of tubes and medical equipment around her, it makes it look much more serious than it really is," She explains and I just nod timidly and she opens the door allowing me to walk in first.

Slowly walking into the starkly lit room I lay my eyes on Piper with a steady heart rate and a rising and falling chest, that's all I wanted. Her to live, that's all. Not for my own benefit because I do benefit from her but for her, she deserves it. She's good.

Her upper body is revealed with a white bandage wrapped around her abdomen, her chest is covered with her black bralette and a oxygen mask resides on her face. Heart rate monitors are attached to her chest along with a drip in her left arm. Sweat jewels on her forehead as she sleeps and her arms lay lifeless by her sides.

I didn't prepare myself for this.

"She's going to be fine, it'll just be a few days until she can leave," The nurse tries to make light for me and I just nod letting tears slip silently.

"I'll leave you with her," She tells me and I don't respond as she leaves.

Walking over to the seat that's just a few feet from the side of her bed I grab each arm and pull it over beside the bed. Planting myself down on the seat I lace my fingers with hers and sit back watching her peaceful face. That's the only thing providing me comfort, she's at peace, she's relaxed, she's in no pain. That's all that will comfort me, nothing else will.

Feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket I pull it out and look at the screen seeing a text from Katie.

"Call Laura and tell her that you're okay, Scarlett saw the news and won't stop freaking out and she won't listen to anyone, not even me," She tells me and I understand the urgency, if she won't listen to Katie then she really is freaking out.

"I'll do it now. When's your flight? Is Sophie going with you? I'd prefer she did," I tell her and watch the screen as she types.

"In a few minutes, I'll text you when I'm with Scarlett. Yes but I'm not telling her about it Jen you know it'll just cause problems," She explains.

"Well what are you going to say to her when you're going through withdrawal?" I sigh knowing she's just going to end up getting into trouble over this.

"Stomach bug?" She replies in a unsure manner.

"I've got to go we're boarding x," She finishes with an "x".

"What're you-" A round of coughing takes place after a raspy voice speaks.

Looking up quickly I'm met with Piper coughing as she struggles to pull her oxygen mask off.

"Here Pipes don't move too much you'll just aggravate your stomach," I stand up moving the oxygen mask to the side and admiring her eyes intently.

"I don't think it'll make much difference, I'm pretty sore already as it is," She croaks and pity floods through my chest as I help her sit up and prop the pillows up behind her.

"I'm sorry Pipes," I wrap my hands around her weak one as tears slip once again.

"Don't apologise," She tells me and I can't help but to sniffle and look down.

"Hey Jen stop that, you saved me you stopped me from bleeding out," She tightens her grip on my hands as much as she can but it still isn't anywhere near as strong as she is capable of. She lost a lot of blood so she's very weak.

"Katie had a part to play in that too," I tell her.

"Is she okay?" Piper asks me in a clearer tone.

"Yeah she got stabbed in the leg but she's on her way back to LA now," I explain as she nods along.

"She has a girlfriend," I smile slightly.

"What? She's-" I cut her off.

"Gay? Yeah," I smile gently.

"Good on the kid," She chuckles and I grin at her smile making an appearance.

"I was so worried about you, you shouldn't have done that," I admit to her and she smiles at me.

"Jen I'm fine and so are you that's all that matters to me," She explains.

"yeah but-" She intervenes.

"Jen. Stop it, it's not your fault that I got stabbed, it's my own I went after the guy now stop it," She looks at me desperately and I just nod not wanting to argue with her in her current state.

"Okay," I speak quietly as I nod rubbing the back of her hand with my thumb as I examine her expression of sadness.

"Come here," She pats the bed beside her and I take her instruction, sitting down on the side of the bed I lean down to her level as she places her other hand on the side of my face and she looks around my eyes in investigation.

"I love you and the idea of you being in any type of pain kills me. I hate it more than anything. Just let me protect you Jen that's all I want to do," She whispers in a firm tone and I nod with my eyes locked with hers.

Moving my face towards hers, my lips brush off hers lightly as she caresses my face tenderly. Closing my eyes I strengthen my lips and push them to hers as she breathes strongly and moves her hand to the back of my neck.

I don't know what I would've done if I had have most her.

A/N: How was it kids? Are you liking the Jen and Piper relationship??