Chapter 1

A/N) above photo is me I'm the character in the book so yeah that's all for now and I hope you enjoy the book.

Katie POV
"Let me love you, Let me love you." I whisper the lyrics to my current favourite song to myself as I dander through the streets, aimlessly. I'm also making mental notes about ideas for video edits and fan fictions I write as a form of escaping the reality of the fact that I am currently homeless and have no family left. Which the fire in our home last year caused, and that I was smart enough to escape with only minor burns.  The only reason that I am alive is because I have my stories and edits keeping me sane, I can only make them when I have access to wifi which isn't easy to get when you look like and are a homeless person.

Its hard because I don't want to end up back in the system or shipped back to my home in Northern Ireland. Which my family and I moved away from when I was six because my dad retired and sold off his and my mums forty percent share of the engineering firm my family owned

And when we moved we made the joint decision to move to LA because my Granny on my dads side lived there and needed to be looked after. Anyway back to reality, I need to look after my current situation, which is currently walking around with no objective.

I'm going to change that. I'm going to go to the beach and use one of the beach showers and rid my skin of the layers of dirt that have consumed it.

Once I have completed my journey to the beach, I make my way into a cafe on the boardwalk and get into the bikini that I keep in my black vans backpack for this situation.

I know what you're thinking, why do I, a homeless fifteen year old girl, have a vans backpack? I have it because that's one of the things I took from my home before it was consumed in flames.

The other things I brought were my iPad, keyboard, iPhone and a charger. I also saved some clothes and the one hundred dollars I had from my birthday.  The day before the fire, which wasn't the most joyful occasion because my dad was drunk most of the time, which is what led to the house and my parents going up in flames because he left the stove on before passing out on the couch.

After finishing my exhilaratingly enjoyable shower, I go back to the same cafe and get changed into my other set of clothes. Which I had washed a few days prior. Once changed, I stepped out back onto the boardwalk with my wet hair and dirty tattered back pack hanging from my right shoulder.

Which, for some reason is actually bulkier than my left and I don't understand why, my body is so out of proportion. I have huge hands, huge feet and a big broad frame along with a big thick neck but a small head.

Don't get me wrong I like being like this because I'm actually really strong because of it, so it serves me well, considering I live on the streets. For a homeless person, I'm quite well presented, I always worry about my appearance because if a cop noticed a fifteen year old girl walking around in tattered old clothes, I would be screwed and thrown back into the system head first expected to just survive. That wouldn't be the case, though, considering that last time that happened I had to make a break for it because I was beaten at every chance my so called "Parents" got.

I'm slowly roused from my thoughts as I realise how I need to make a video edit for my Instagram account I created before this all happened. Yes, once again, I know what you're thinking, why is this idiot thinking about fan fictions and fan accounts?

I'm thinking about it because it's a form of escapism for me it helps me hide from my harsh reality. Anyway, back to my video edit. It's gonna be a special edit because tomorrow is Jennifer Lawrence's birthday.And that's a special occasion for me because I have two fan accounts that are pretty much both dedicated to her.

One is all about her and the other is about her character in The Hunger Games, I've been a huge fan of it for quite some time now. I just don't exactly remember when I got into it. I remember how, when my life was relatively normal, I always thought about scenarios where I could meet her. At one point I was thinking it would be really cool to be her body guard, but I knew that was a very, very optimistic idea.

As I walk through the streets towards the Starbucks, that I often go to so that I can have wifi access, I realise that I am beginning to run low on funds and that soon I'm going to have to earn more cash. Otherwise I can say goodbye to warm meals.

How do I get money? You ask, it's pretty simple but insane. I don't really know if it's legal but at least I'm not stealing it. I fight for it. Yes, you heard me, I fight. I go to this little, I wanna call it, fight club under one of the overpasses in downtown LA. So I can fight and earn money from it, I don't wanna toot my own horn but I'm pretty good at it and I guess that's why I'm so strong.

When I get to my usual wifi spot, I slip in and set up my iPad. I then plug in my headphones and get to work. Once I have completed my special birthday edit, I look at my phone and realise that I have been here since one o'clock and now it's four. I really should be getting to the "fight club" if I want to get out of there before the real fighters start to show up.

When I get though the exit and have sorted out my route in my head I get pushed through a large crowd of people with cameras, paparazzi. Holy shit someone famous is here. With that thought wrapping up my thoughts, I forget about my plans and make my way through the crowd to the edge of the side walk. I see a tall women with short platinum blonde hair and a large bulky man pushing their way across the road with a large amount of paps following them. 

As the realisation flows over me that I am seeing Jennifer Lawrence washes over me, I have ready made a dart through the crowd to where Jen and this huge man, who I'm assuming is her guard are walking. He pushes further for award than her and she gets stuck in the ocean of paparazzi. I have reached about ten feet away. But that's when I notice a car coming towards her really fast and the driver is honking their horn but isn't stopping.

I instinctively sprint at her because she is unaware that she is most likely about to die. When I get to her with about a second despair, I tackle her down with my heart racing and a stabbing feeling in my left thigh. On top of that she thinks I'm trying to kill her, but shortly after she does realise what was going to happen to her if I didn't do what I did but the problem for me is that what made her realise is the car running over my legs and my scream of agonising pain due to the crushing of my bones. "SON OF A BITCH!!!" Was what I remember screaming and also feeling Jen wiggling out from under my dead weight of a body.

I assume she was coming to my aid cause the very last glimpse I got before my vision went black was her looking at me with worry in her eyes, which was surprising considering she didn't have a clue who I was.

Jens outfit

Katie's outfit

Katie's outfit

Authors note: okay guys what do you think???