Chapter 33

Jen's POV (Picks up where the last chapter left off.)

"I know don't worry," She turns her head towards me and smiles half heartedly but I know that it isn't a genuine smile it hasn't got the usual speck of mischief in it or the tad of contempt that usually comes with her smiles. It's flat and meaningless. I know she doesn't mean the smile it's just so that I feel at ease and I can't help but to admire her for it.

"We can go home if you want?" I tell her in a soothing tone.

"Yeah I think that would be best," She nods in a whisper.

"Okay," I confirm to her and nod.

When we got home Katie went upstairs, saying she was gonna get changed and do a few things not specifying what. Scar came with me into the kitchen where I am still cooking some food for later as Scarlett plays with my IPad on the floor.

"Haveing fun down there Bug?" I ask her with a giggle.

"Yeah," She grins back up to me.

"Good," I smile and continue with the task at hand.

"Could you go get Katie and tell her dinner is almost ready?" I ask Scarlett in a happy tone even though I'm far from happy I'm actually just a bundle of nerves that's holding together for Katie and her.

"Okay Mommy," She smiles and runs off Out of the kitchen. A few minutes later she returns and tugs on the hem of my shirt for attention which I happily give her.

"What's wrong? where's Katie?" I ask in confusion as I lift her into my hip.

"She said she felt dizzy and would come down when it was gone," Scar pouts unhappily. Without a second thought I walk out of the kitchen and up the stairs to Katie's room where I find her sitting on the side of her bed clutching the covers on either side of her with her head downcast.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask her in a worried tone.

"Dizzy," She looks up slightly and replies.

"You gonna throw up?" I ask her as I draw closer and kneel down in front of her.

"I'm not gonna lie, it is a possibility," She nods her head slowly.

"Come down and I'll give you some food. It may help," I suggest to her with my hand on her knee.

"Yeah okay," She smiles genuinely making me warm up slightly.

As she stands she struggles because of her leg but I leave her be. It's not until when she begins walking across the room that I notice the real problem. She begins to stumble and sway slightly. I can see the concentration in her eyes that she wants to steady but she can't and I grab her round the waist for support.

"What's wrong?" I quiver slightly.

"It's my balance." She shakes her head and squints her eyes trying to focus.

"Here I'll help you down," I say tightening my grip around her as I put Scarlett down on the floor.

"You follow us down. Okay Bug?" I tell her with a gentle reassuring smile cause I can see worry in her little blue eyes.

"Okay," She accepts and follows us down the stairs and into the living room where Katie sits down and I go back into the kitchen.

"Wanna watch the grand tour?" I shout through to Katie in the living room. I know that she has been wanting to watch it and I'm up for it if it will get her mind of all of this.

"Only if you want," She shouts back.

"Yeah I want to see what all the fuss is about," I smile as I shout to her.

"Okay then. The grand tour it is," I hear her reply as I scoop the last of the pasta onto the plates and carry it in proudly.
After watching tv
"I need to talk to you," I tell Katie as I finish tucking Scar in.

"Okay what about?" She asks me as we close the door behind us and stand outside it.

"It's about Scarlett's school, I'm gonna have her enrolled in a pre-school here in LA but I'm not always gonna be here so I need to make sure that when you can drive you'll be okay with picking her up and dropping her off and generally looking after her while I'm away?" I ask her. I know it seems like a lot to ask of her but there's no-one I trust more than her.

"Yeah definitely don't worry about that," she smiles back and squeezes my arm reassuringly.
"Okay thank you I just wanted to know you where okay with it," I tell her.
"I am so don't worry your pretty little head," she says sarcastically as she pats my head.

"Thanks," I chuckle at her when she takes her hand away.

"No worries," she grins cheekily.

"I'm going to bed," I laugh softly.

"Same," She yawns and hugs and pats my back then turns to go.

"Love you, G'night," I tell her as I walk into my room.

"Good night to you too," She replies as her door closes and I can practically see the cheeky grin on her face.

Tonight was good especially after the incident with the paparazzi earlier. Katie seems more like herself and seems the same way she did with Scar before the accident. Let's just hope it all stays that way.

A/N: this is boring af but what do you think?