Chapter 68

Katie's POV

It's been a week and a half since the whole ordeal with the video. Jen seems better about it, it'll just take time for her. Today is the day I go back to New York to live there for the next five months. Jen is four months gone so I should be back right on time and I'm going to be coming back as frequently as possible. Scarlett is far from happy about my inevitable absence but I've told her that she can stay with me for a few days every now and again if she wants to. She also isn't to pleased about me bringing Kevin but I need some sort of companion in that huge apartment of Jennifer's. I'm staying in her Tribeca apartment while I'm in New York, it's better than spending money on my own place.

I'm getting my car shipped up too but I need to check in and see when it'll be arriving. I've been speaking to Kylie a lot recently and she even had me up to her house, and yes it's insane. Her house is like a palace.

I'm going to join a gym in New York so that I can start back, I haven't been since before the accident because I've had to be so careful. My back sometimes hurts but I'm not going to live my life scared of a little back pain.

My thoughts drop when Scar walks into the kitchen trailing Huggy behind her. I stand beside the kitchen island with a cup of coffee and some cereal.

When her eyes meet mine she runs up to me and I put my things down on the island and kneel down so that she can jump up and wrap her little arms around my neck. She knows exactly what today is. I straighten back up and wrap her legs around my waist, I can feel Huggy dangling down my back. I keep my arms tightly around her absorbing her warmth and comfort.

"Please don't go," She mumbles into my shoulder and I sigh in response, I feel terrible about leaving her when she wants me here but it's only for a few months.

"You'll see me most weekends and I can almost guarantee I'll be back before you know it," I assure her and her little arms tighten around my neck before she leans back still holding my neck and looks into my eyes before speaking again.

"You promise?" She stutters and my stomach drops at the look on her face.

"Yeah," I nod my head.

"I promise," I pull her into me for a hug.

Once she'd relaxed a bit I got her some breakfast and put her in the living room for a bit so that I could go speak to Jennifer before I have to go.

"Knock knock," I knock lightly on the doorframe as I stand in the doorway.

"Hi," She looks up at me and smiles.

"You all packed and ready?" She asks me from where she stands tucking the bed sheets in under the mattress making the bed.

"Yeah I have to go in like fifteen minutes so just letting you know before it's too late," I shove my hands in my jean pockets nervously.

"Make sure you've got everything. Laptop?" She asks.

"Yep," I nod.

"Toothbrush?" She smiles slightly and I nod.

"Text books?" She asks and I nod again, the course sent out the textbooks so that I could check them out before starting the class. Jen edges towards me more and more with every question.

"Dog?" She smiles.

"unfortunately," I laugh and wrap my arms tightly around her comforting body.

"I'm so proud of you," She chokes out through her tears.

"What for remembering my toothbrush?" I joke halfheartedly and a small lapse of laughter bursts from her.

"I'm gonna miss you," She smiles into my shoulder.

"Bloody better," I grin and let the embrace go kissing the side of her head. I move my right hand to the back of her neck and hold it tightly as I speak to her.

"I love you kid, you know that right?" I ask her with my eyes glazing over. I've been holding it together the best I can but I'm beginning to loose it.

"I know that," She nods sniffing away her tears.

"I'll see you as soon as I can get back here which hopefully won't be too long," I let her neck go grabbing her into my arms again.

"I love you so much Murph," She mumbles into my shoulder and I smile to myself.

"I love you too," I fail to hold back a tear that slides down my cheek landing on her shoulder.

This whole living on my own thing is scary but I'm pretty sure I can handle it. I'm not as stupid as I may seem.

A/N: Really sappy chapter but how was it??