Chapter 27

2 Days later

Katie's POV

"get up," I whisper to Jen as I lightly shake her shoulder.

"What?" She groans in a tired tone as she rolls over.

"Get up or we'll miss our flight." I sigh to her as I rub my eyes.  

"Oh right. I'm up, I'm up." She groans again as she sits up in the bed.

"You get Scarlett up and I'll get the luggage." I say to Jen as she piles herself out of the bed.

"Sounds good." She yawns as she stretches her arms over her head.

Once Jen had wakened Scarlett we got out of the house and arrived at the airport with twenty minutes despair. Scarlett was pretty easy to handle considering she was asleep and being carried around by either Jen or myself. There wasn't any papparazzi considering the hour of the morning it was when we got to the airport. The flight was calm enough until the terbulance started and Scar started crying cause of it. Jen calmed her down and Scar sat on Jen's knee for the rest of the flight, knuzzling into her chest. I just slept and observed most of the time, I was too tired to interct. When we landed the security team picked us up on the runway and got us up to this point as fast as they could, we are just waiting outside the gates waiting for them to open.

"I made it." I sigh and drop my head back against the head rest of the car seat.

"What?" Jen laughs at me as she bounces Scarlett on her knee.

"I made it home without having a meltdown." I laugh softly and lift my head back up.

"Oh well in that case, that makes two of us." She smiles over to me while she hops out of the car.

In response I chuckle and follow her out of the car and up the steps to the house while the security team leave our luggage in the hall and leave.

"I'm going to get something to drink then lay on the couch for a bit." I sigh and await a response.

"I'll join you on that." Jen smiles to me while holding a sleeping Scarlett on her hip.

"Scarlett wake up." She coes to her and bounces her gently.

"What?" She mutters as she lifts her head up off Jen's chest.

"We're home." Jen smiles.

"Wow" Scar giggles and lowers herself out of Jen's arms then doddles her way into the kitchen.

We both follow her into the kitchen as she explores the house in amazement.

"I'm just gonna speak if spoken to cause she ain't gonna listen." I chuckle as I open the fridge.

"Yeah, same." Jen smiles and sits down at the island then rubs her temples.

"Headache?" I ask her then set a glass of orange juice infront of her.

"Hmmm.... No I don't know I think I'm just stressed." She sighs tiredly.

"What about." I ask and sit on the counter.

"Well I have to go do some filming for Red Sparrow in Germany but I can't just leave you guys here alone." She explains to me.

"Yeah you can." I laugh slightly.

"No I can't you're only fifteen." A/N: Changing age from 14 to 15

"How long for?" I ask

"A week then the rest of the filming is here in LA for the special effects." She says and drops her hands down onto the counter top.

"Okay I think I can handle a week on my own with Scarlett." I reply with a confused tone.

"I know you can handle it but I wouldn't feel comfortable, what if something where to happen and I'm in Germany?" She asks me with a stong stare directed at me.

"Nothing will happen. You upped security after the burglary. The neighbours probably think the president lives here." I laugh trying to lighten her mood.

"I don't doubt your ability to look after Scarlett I just don't want anything happening while I'm gone." She hesitates.

"Nothing will. When is filming?" I ask.

"Fifteenth of January." She groans back

"Well you have plenty of time to worry about that." I point out.

"Yeah I know. Let's talk about this another time, I'm too tired to talk at the minute." She sighs and gets up off the stool.

"Okay sounds good." I reply and hop off the counter then walk into the living room.

"Where's Scarlett?" Jen calls in from the hall.

"I don't know. Have you tried th-" I begin but cut myslef off when I see Scarlett fast asleep curled up on the couch with the little giraffe she has been inseprable from since she got it on Christmas day, She calls him Huggy and demands that everyone else do the same.

"She's in here." I say peeping my head through the door way to Jen in the hall.

"Oh" She smiles slightly and walks into the room past me.

When she see's Scarlett she begins to grin and pitter patters her way over to where she is on the couch then kneels down beside her and strokes her cheek.

"I'm gonna go unpack." I whisper through the doorway to her. She turns her head around and nods with glassy eyes and a very faint sniffle.

"Whats wrong?" I ask her as I move over to where she is beside Scar and embrace her tightly in my arms.

"Shh shh what's wrong?" I ask her as I stroke her hair and she sobs softly onto my shoulder.

"I don't know, I'm just really stressed out. I don't know what's wrong with me." She lifts her head of my shoulder slightly and answers with another sniffle.

"Don't worry, I'm here if you need to talk." I hug her tighter.

"Thank you." She tightens her grip on me.

"That's what you do for family." I smile releasing the embrace.

She smiles softly and sniffles then rubs her nose.

"Here, go upstairs and get changed then we can watch a movie in your room or something." I suggest to her as I rub her shoulder softly and comfortingly.

"What about Scarlett?" She asks nodding towards her on the couch beside us.

"I'll bring her up." I say and stand up then scoop Scar up in the process.

"Okay." Jen smiles then follows me upstairs to her room, where I slide Scarlett in under the covers then get changed into sweats and jen does the same then Jen and I both get in on either side of Scar and pick a movie, we don't have to worry about the rating cause Scarlett's asleep so we watched suicide squad cause Jen has wanted to see it for awhile now and I'm trying to cheer her up so it's her way or I'm crap at cheering people up.

A/N: How was it???