Chapter 58

Jen's POV

Josh and I caught up and then he left when I had to go to the hospital. I told him everything apart from one detail and I think you can guess what. He was really supportive and he said he really wants to meet Katie. I think he appreciates the fact that we met because she saved my life, he knew before I explained it all to him and he said he already has an immense amount of respect for her.

Today is the day that the doctors bring Katie out of the coma so I'm going down to the hospital with my Mom so that I can see her when she wakes up. I've avoided going cause I hate seeing her like that, I've seen her like that way too much.

I feel bad that I haven't been by her side but it's too hard for me. I haven't told anyone other than Laura about the baby, I'm terrified of peoples reactions.

"Jennifer come on!" Mom yells at me from the bottom of the stairs.

"Coming," I call back and come jogging down the stairs to her.

"Ready?" She asks me with a sympathetic look in her eyes.

"Yeah," I nod back with a small smile.

"Bye guys see you in a bit!" I call into the kitchen at Scarlett and Laura.

"Okay bye!" They both call back in unison.

When we get into the car my Mom is wowed at the high end machine.

"Some set of wheels you got Honey," She says in amazement.

"Katie chose it," I sigh back.

"I know this is hard for you Sweetie but you're gonna have to pull through. Not just for yourself but for Katie too," She replies and I just sigh in return.

She doesn't push the conversation further, she knows I've taken on board what she's said.

When we get to the hospital we are immediately brought to Katie's room, they've already done the procedure to wake her up it's just a matter of time before she does.

"She's lost weight," Mom says as she strokes Katie's face softly.

"I know," I mutter sadly as I hold Katie's limp hand in mine.

"When did they say she would wake up?" She asks me.

"Any moment now," I reply as I sit down on the chair beside her bed.

"I'm excited to see those big blue eyes of hers," She grins at me and I smile in return.

"Same," I whisper back as I stare at Katie's hand. I can feel my Mom's eyes on me but I don't look up.

We sit in silence until Mom decides to go get herself a water from the vending machine. One small movement shatters the silence while she's gone.

Katie's hand slowly moves up to here face and rubs her eyes softly. She lowers her hand and her eyes begin to blink slowly getting used to the light of the hospital room.

I jump up from my seat and grab her hand.

"Hey, can you hear me?" I ask her in a worried tone.

"No I've gone deaf," She croaks out.

"At least your sense of humour is still intact," I snigger at her.

"More than I could say for you," She croaks again.

"Want some water?" I ask her.

She nods in response.

"Granny will be back with it in a minute," I tell her and she nods again with her eyes closed.

"Does your back hurt?" I query and she shakes her head without opening her eyes.

"Good," I smile and snake my arm in around her neck and hug her gently, She wraps her arms around me as tightly as she can.

"I missed you so much," I begin to sob into her shoulder softly.

"I know you did, I missed you too," She hushes me while rubbing my back soothingly.

"It should really be me comforting you," I snigger into her shoulder.

"Why break tradition now?" She pats my back.

"True," I smile into her.

"Anyway it's perfectly acceptable given your hormonal situation at the minute," She replies when I release her.

"What?" I ask her in confusion.

In response she just gives me a knowing smirk.

A/N: Sorry for the shit and short chapter but how was it? Please check out my NEW JLaw fan fic called "Not meant to be"