Chapter 102

Jen's POV

Letting go of Sophie Katie places her hands on either side of her neck, smiles and just as I expected leans in but is interrupted by someone coming down the stairs.

"You're up. How're you doing?" Katie walks into the hall to meet them and I'm left confused as to why she didn't finish.

"Better," A weak voice replies.

"How about your leg?" They ask her and I realise who's talking.

Piper is finally up. She's been asleep for at least sixteen hours, I slept with Scarlett to avoid waking her.

Without even thinking I've rushed out into the hall and grabbed her into me. Her grip on me is weak, her skin is sweat ridden, her breaths are shallow and she shakes in my arms.

Leaning out of her I look into her eyes and they're dilated as widely as possible while she harnesses a helpless expression.

"Come here Pipes sit down and I'll get you something to eat. How are your stitches?" I lead her over to the couch in the living room and help her sit down.

"They're fine," Her voice remains weak as she wraps her arm around her stomach and holds it tightly.

"Let me look at them. The gauze might need changed," I tell her and she shakes her head and keeps a firm grip of her stomach.

"Piper let me see," I kneel down using a firm tone.

"No it's fine," She waves me off.

Turning my head I look at Katie and she nods agreeing that I should push.

"Move your arm," I instruct and she fails to oblige.

"Piper we can do this the easy way or the hard way," I warn her.

She just looks at me with her helpless breaking expression and drops her arm allowing me to lift it aside and pull up her hoodie revealing her swollen and seeping stitches.

Taking in the sight I swallow in a strained manner as I fight down the guilt. Guilt that this festering wound is on her cause of me.

"It's not that bad," She swallows past the obvious pain it's causing her.

Shaking my head I place my hands on her knees and drag my line of sight up to meet hers.

"Piper you're going to the hospital," I tell her and she breathes out in a shaky manner.

"You can barely stand up on your own, you need medical attention and as much as you hate me paying for it, you need it," I give her no other option.

"Katie!" I call her out of the kitchen that she has disappeared into, she comes out with a curious expression.

"What's up? I'm kinda busy here Jen," She smirks and I don't like getting in the way of her relationship after the milestone they've just hit but I need her help.

"Help me bring Piper out to my car and can you make sure-" I stop myself from finishing the request knowing she will be weak with withdrawal soon.

"Make sure Alex and Piper get dinner?" She knows my request and nods as she approaches me.

"Thank you," I breathe lowly as she grabs Piper's arm and wraps it around her shoulders and stands up bringing Piper with her.

Katie's POV

After I had helped Piper out to Jen's car they left and I don't expect to see them back any time soon.

Scarlett has been upstairs doing whatever interests her for the past few hours and to be honest I've grown curious as to why she hasn't shown interest in spending time with me. It's not like her.

Sitting on the couch with Sophie she's tucked into my side as I breathe steadily and relax, something I don't do often. Something I hope to do more often.

"Katie?" A timid voice speaks from the kitchen door and I turn my head to see Scar standing with Huggy dangling down by her side.

"What's up kid?" I smile at her and her face just seems purely upset.

"Scar?" I get out from under Sophie and go over to her lifting her up.

"What's wrong?" I wrap my arms around her holding her tight to my chest.

"Nothing," She shakes her head clinging her arms around my neck securely with Huggy hanging down my back.

"There's something, now tell me," I rub her back gently in an attempt to coax the answer out of her.

In response she shakes her head rapidly into my chest and I sigh giving in knowing I can't push her into talking about it.

"You know you can talk to me about anything?" I ask her and she nods.

"Well come to me when you're ready," I tell her and she nods once again.

"Come sit with me and Sophie we're gonna watch a movie," I bring her with me over to the couch. Sophie takes Scar from me and pulls her straight into her lap. I knew the two of them would hit it off.

My relationship with my family is very fragile as of late. All thanks to my own stupid decisions, which is something I hate myself for. Even Scarlett's relationship with me is damaged and I have no idea why. She's just not the same with me.

I need to know why.

A/N: How was it guys??