Chapter 40

Jen's POV

"Mommy!" Scarlett squeals when she comes into the living room and see's me on the sofa beside Katie with my feet on the coffee table.

"Hey bug!" I reply excitedly as she jumps up and straddles my lap so that she faces me and I place my hands on her thighs.

"You sleep well?" I ask her.

"No," She replies with a pout.

"Why not?" I ask in confusion.

"I don't know," She shrugs and drops her hands onto my stomach and I smile.

"Aww well I guess it's early bed tonight," I say to her and she nods.

"Do I not get a hug?" Katie asks Scarlett and tries to act offended.

"Okay," Scarlett groans and climbs off of me and crawls over to Katie.

"You seem so happy right now," Katie says to Scar and I snigger at Scarlett's attitude towards Katie.

"Come on," Katie says scooping Scarlett into her lap.

"Stop it," Katie commands and Scar just looks at her in an unimpressed manner.

"What?" Katie contains her laughter.

Scarlett responds by folding her arms.

"Come on melter bag," Katie groans lifting Scarlett onto her hip and standing up.

"Where're you going?" I ask her.

"Getting a drink," She replies and tickles Scarlett's chest and gets a giggle in return then walks into the kitchen.

I turn back to the tv and look at what Katie had on. It was some Irish comedy tv show called Father Ted. I watch it for a while and can't make heads or tales. Its funny sometimes but other times I'm just confused.

Clip from Father Ted if anyone's interested

Katie comes back in with Scarlett on her hip who holds a class of water in both her tiny hands.

"What is this?" I laugh at the tv as Katie sits down.

"Father Ted," Katie replies.

"What's it about?" I ask curiously.

"It's a comedy show about these three priests that live in a house together." She replies and I look at her urging her to continue.

"Only Irish people will really like it," She adds.

"Well I'm part Irish I wanna give it a try," I laugh and she furrows her eyebrows.

We are interrupted when the door bell rings.

"Well not now," She laughs and I start to get up.

"Sit down," She laughs and pushes me down onto the couch softly and walks through to the hall where I hear her open the door and greet Emma.

Katie soon walks back in but instead of Emma following her she's slung over her shoulder.

Emma's outfit