Chapter 73

Katie's POV

"Are you sure about this? You sure you don't want to rest the night here and leave in the morning?" I ask Jen in worry that she's pushing herself to soon. She wants to leave tonight, the same night she just gave birth which in my opinion isn't one of her finer ideas. She's bound to be exhausted after what she's been through but seems to be adamant on going home tonight.

"Yes I'm sure. I just want my own bed," She moans tiredly.

"Did the doctor okay this?" I query as she swings her legs over the side of the bed.

"Yes Florence Nightingale, now grab me those jeans," She points to a pair of blue denim jeans on the chair beside her bed.

I just tut in response and swipe them from the chair handing them to her.

"Much appreciated," She nods and I just groan. I don't think this is a good idea but anyone who knows Jen will know she is impossible to argue against.

"Is Granny okay with this?" I narrow my eyes at her.

She looks down and buttons her jeans while she answers in a mumble.

"Yes," She mumbles to her self.

"My arse she's okay with this," I counter and she just groans at me.

"All we have to do is drive home it's nothing that could kill me. Jesus relax," She sighs and pulls the hospital gown revealing her bra. I avoid looking but I can't stop myself her boobs are massive because of the pregnancy.

"Take a picture it'll last longer," She chastises me and I just look up at her.

"Sorry they're just..." I pause gesturing to them while I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly.

"Hugh," I stutter out.

"Tell me something I don't know," She sighs and pulls her white t-shirt over her head.

"Can we go now," She mutters and lifts up her hospital bag.

"I'll take it," I take it from her hand as she walks past me towards the door.

"Have you signed the discharge papers and all?" I question as we walk out into the waiting room where everyone waits for us.

"Yeah all done," She nods.

Our conversation is overpowered when everyone bursts with excitement over Jennifer's leaving of the hospital.

I stand in the background leaning against the doorway as she receives multiple hugs and congratulations even though she's already been congratulated countless times.

Josh notices my lack of participation and comes over, nudges my shoulder and asks me what's wrong.

"What happened to you? You where a lot happier last I saw you," He asks and I sigh answering.

"Combination of reasons," I keep my eyes on the mini family reunion happening before us.

"Hit me with em," He counters.

"Do you really think she should leave this soon?" I ask in a hushed tone.

"Just let her do what she wants. She'll be fine," He responds and I just nod.

"Anything else?" He asks.

"Just tired and hungry but I'll sort that when I'm home also I'm in dire need of a shower," I reply and he chuckles.