Chapter 42

Jen's POV (one week later)

"Come on dumbass!" I yell up the stairs at Katie.

"You're one to talk," She replies as she bolts down the stairs to where I stand at the front door waiting for her. We're doing a interview about Scarlett cause I made the press release a few days ago. Scarlett isn't coming on cause I don't think it's appropriate to expose her to all of that yet.

"Respect your elders," I joke to her in a serious tone as I open the door for her to walk through.

"Yeah you're right ya old fart," She quips and I snigger following her to the car. I would drive but she's always up for it and I to be honest hate driving.

"So are we meeting Liz there?" Katie asks referring to my publicist.

"Yeah," I sigh and rest my arm on the arm rest between us. We're in the GTS because there's only two of us and we might as well get the use of the car when we can.

"Put on some music," I say to her and she nods picking up her phone when we stop at a traffic light.

"Requests?" She mutters scrolling through her phone.

"I don't mind," I reply.

"Okay," She smiles at her phone and puts a song on just as the light changes.

When the beat drops she revs the engine and quickens the speed then drops it again.

I laugh to myself and shake my head, she turns her head and grins at me and then revs again.

"Saddo," I laugh at her.

"I know," She sings and I chuckle.

"How long is this going to be then?" She inquires through her laugh.

"It's pre recorded and will last about two hours filming and like an hour in hair and make up," I shrug unsure and she nods.

"Do you mind doing this?" I query cause I never really asked her. She could completely hate the idea of doing the interview and I wouldn't know cause I'm being selfish and not asking. I want her to do it with me cause I think it'll take some attention away from Scar.

"Nah no problem," She smiles to me.

"Thanks," I grin at her.

"No worries child," She laughs.

"Child?" I chuckle and she nods.

"Oh turn here," I instruct her and she indicates then takes the left turn down the street the studio is on.

"It's just there," I point at the studio over the dash.

"Okay," She replies pulling onto the parking lot.

"Come on," I say to her after we've parked by the entrance.

"Coming sweetie pie," She replies in a mocking tone and I laugh walking with her into the studio building.

We meet up with Liz and then go through hair, make up and wardrobe, after that we go into the backstage area where we wait to be called on.

Jen's outfit