Chapter 69

Katie's POV

The call.

I just got it.

The.

Call.

Fucking holy fuck.

It's happening.

The snow is pissing down and all flights out of this god forsaken city are grounded until further notice and you know what. I don't have until further notice, I have until that little bastard decides to pop out which could be at any moment.

It's November 3rd and I am meant to be flying back in two days but nope the little shit couldn't wait!

My only option now is to drive. Fuck this.

I fling clothes, any clothes into my gym bag and grab my car keys from the dressing table.

Sprinting out of the apartment like it'll make a difference I wait at the elevator in hopes it'll open but it takes to much time. Time I don't have.

"Fuck you!" I yell at the closed doors and bolt towards the stairwell and run down all eight flights of stairs.

Once I'm in the underground car park I get into my car and start the engine. As the engine roars to life I google how long it'll take to drive to LA from here. Long I'm guessing but I'd like to know for sure.

"Fuck off," I mumble in anger when I get the search results.

Opening my contacts I call Jen in hopes of an answer.

It was Granny that called me so umm it expecting Jen to be answering especially in her condition.

I get voicemail so I try Granny.

Thank fuck she answers and sounds some what calm.

"Hello?" I ask as I pull out of my parking space.

"Hi how you doin?" She asks.

"Not great I can't get a flight," I sigh in reply as I drive up the steep slope out of the private car park.

"Don't worry she'll be fine. I'm keepin' a close eye on your mommy for ya," I can feel her wink down the line.

"Thanks for the reassurance but nothing is gonna comfort me right now," I confess to her.

"Labour can last as long as three days, and in many cases it does so don't you worry yourself," She tells me.

"Good to know," I murmur as I take off down the street on route to fucking LA.

"How long do you think you'll be sweetie?" She asks me in her unintentionally soothing voice.

"I'm not sure maybe two days tops," I tell her.

"Is that with breaks?" She asks.

"Yes," I lie to her. I'm going to drive flat out for the next two days I don't care what anyone has to say or how much fuel I have to pay for.