Chapter 9

Jens POV
"What time do you want us there for?" I asked to my publicist.

"About one, is the best time i can see you." She sighed down the phone at me.

"Right okay we will be there then." I answered quickly and ended the phone call.

"Katie!?" I called through the house from the top of the stairs.

"Yeah?!" She replied while slowly coming to the bottom of the stairs.

"We need to leave in like an hour." I replied in a quitter tone.

"Okay, i'm pretty much ready now." She answered.

"Okay well i'll be another twenty minutes if you want me to look presentable." I chuckled back softly.

"God Jen you look fine right now." She laughed back at me.

"Yeah but by presentable i mean hot." I joke back.

"You look hot right now." She laughed up at me from the bottom of the stairs.

"Aww, still not going to speed me up." I chuckled down to her.

"Yeah i thought so, oh well it was worth a shot." She laughed again while hobbling away on her crutches.

I make my way downstairs with my handbag slung over my shoulder and my heels making the usual click clack noise they always do.

"Was it worth the wait?" I joke when i walk into the living room.

"Totally." Katie replies with a thumbs up and cheesy closed mouth smile.

"Yeah i know." I answer in a diva tone.

"Right joking aside shall we?" I question.

"Yep" she replies while coming closer to me.

"Okay the security is parked out front." I smile while moving out of her way so that she can continue out of the room in a straight line.

Once we get outside i open the security door and place my left hand on her right fore arm as she lifts herself into the car with the help of her support boot on her leg.

"Ready to go Jen?" Eddy my driver asks from the driver seat of the blacked out chevy SUV.

"Yeah, thanks Eddy." I smile happily at him even though he cant see.

I watch out the window as we progress through the busy streets of LA, I slowly turn my attention to Katie who is watching out the window taking in her surroundings, I begin to draw my eyes downwards and they land on her legs that are both in casts, one has a boot for support while walking and the other has plaster imprisoning it, and i cant help but feel guilty for causing it.

"Im gonna hit you if you are feeling bad right now." Katie states dragging me out of my trance and letting me know she has been watching me the entire time.

"Then hit me." I joke to her while trying to lighten the mood, and making eye contact with her.

"Seriously Jen you didn't push me in front of the car i pushed you away from it, it was my decision to run in front of the car so stop feeling like you caused it." She states while staring intently into my eyes.

"Okay, okay sorry i just cant help it." I sigh to her in defeat.

"Well think of it this way in a few months i'll be as good as new." She smiles to me.

"I guess." I sigh again.

"We're here Jen." Eddy speaks while making eye contact with me in the rear view mirror.