Chapter 94

Jen's POV

Turning over in bed with a torturous headache I stretch my arm over to the other side of the bed expecting to find a nice cool patch between the sheets but am surprised when it lands on someone.

Opening my eyes I look over and find Piper sitting up on the bed with her back against the head board and her head laid back as she sleeps. How the hell is she sleeping like that? Fully clothed in a hoodie and jeans along with her back being propped straight up.

"Piper?" I whisper to her in a croaked, hungover voice and don't get a response.

Reaching my hand over to her arm I shake it lightly and she groans lightly.

"What? What is it?" She murmurs as if she's half asleep.

"Get under the covers," I tell her and her eye lids peal back groggily as she makes sense of her surroundings.

"Oh right," She lays down as I pull the cover over her and she closes her eyes again.

"Feel better?" She mumbles with her eyes still sealed.

"Yeah," I lie to her as I keep my eyes trained on her relaxed expression. It comforts me when she's relaxed.

"How did I get Home?" I ask her curiously.

"I brought you home. Laura came and got me from the car," She explains.

"Oh and-" She cuts me off, reading my mind.

"Yea she said something," She smirks with her eyes still draped closed.

"What'd she say?" I ask her.

"She came out to me and she said that my girlfriend was passed out on the couch," She tells me with that same cheeky smirk lacing her expression.

"I take it you loved hearing that," I smile at her and she chuckles lightly.

"A little," She teases and I grin sliding my hand over the bed and up onto the side of her neck.

Getting out of bed to go and face my fears and try and speak to Katie I go towards the bedroom door but am halted by Piper.

"What're you doin?" She asks.

"Just going to talk to Katie," I tell her as I open the bedroom door.

"Wait Jen she's away back to New York. She left last night," She scurries out of bed at a worryingly fast pace.

"What? Why? I thought she was here for at least another week?" I stutter slightly.

"She didn't tell me why," She explains.

"What is it Piper?" I worry at her behaviour.

"I spoke to her last night and cleared up a few things," She tells me in a weary tone.

"And?"

"And she told me that she wants you to tell her the truth about things and she um..." She scratches the back of her neck nervously.

"And she what?" I grow mildly annoyed at her slow delivery.

"She knows about us," She blurts and I really do get angry now.

"You told her!? How could you tell her?!" I raise my voice at Piper with gritted teeth.

"No! No! I didn't tell her! Laura told her cause her heads fucked at the minute, Laura was helping her feel less in the dark about everything," She rushes to defend herself and Laura.

"What do you mean her heads fucked? She hasn't mentioned any of this to me," I stammer worriedly.

"She feels like you haven't got time for her and she's also not doing to great cause of her exams," Pipes explains calmly. How the hell have I let this go over my head? Piper is the one telling me all of this! I should've known it as soon as it came about!

"What's happening with her exams?" My eyes are tearing up now.

"She failed them," She sighs looking down timidly then back up at me.

"I've fucking neglected her what's wrong with me??" I stutter with tears breaking free.

"No you haven't, Jen calm down I hate seeing you like this," Pipes pulls me into her chest quickly as an attempt at comfort.

"You've been dealing with a lot too, all you guys need to do is talk and it'll all be fine," She explains and I just nod into her chest accepting her terms as it's the only option.

"We can go to New York and-" I cut her off leaning out of her chest.

"We?"

"Yeah we. You think I'm gonna let you go on your own?" She questions me.

"Kinda," I tell her.

"Well I'm not. You need me. I know that," She smiles sadly and just lean back into her chest soaking in her warmth.

"I'll always be here for you Jen. Even if you kick me to the curb," She wraps her arms around me and leans her chin on my head.

I love you too much to be doing that, I smile softly to myself. I'm terrified to tell her, what if it's unrequited, it would kill me. She's the only person I've ever cared about this much. The only person I've ever loved this much. The only person who can bring a smile to my face from just the thought of her. The only one I'm not scared of imagining a future with. She's that special to me. I know we've only been together for a very short amount of time but the time before was what got me infatuated with her. Infatuated with her charm, her smile, her protectiveness. Everything.

She had me before she even knew it.

"You love me?"

A/N: Thoughts?? Too fast???