Chapter 23

Jen's POV

Katie and I just sit there in silence contemplating what just happened.

"I regret doing that." She gulps and stares at the tv blankly.

"Ehh huhh." I breath agreeing with her.

"We should have waited longer." I say in a blank tone.

"Yeah.." She sighs.

"What's wrong with you two?" Dad asks walking into the living room.

"We watched the end of Game of Thrones." Katie responds sadly. We watched one episode lastnight and both agreed we needed time the process that then we watched the rest this morning.

"You two are weird." He laughs and walks out again.

"Lets not dwell on it. We can contimplate some more when we get home." I chuckle slightly at how rediculous we are being.

"Fine." Katie sighs and gets up.

"Don't worry we'll mope about it later." I laugh and get up.

"We better." She pouts sarcastically.

"What time are we going at and how long for?" Katie asks.

"At about twelve and we are going for like two hours per hospital so about six hours all together." I list off.

"Okay cool." She smiles slightly.

"Is Scar coming?" Katie asks me wearly.

"No because of the whole paparazzi side of everything." I sigh sadly.

"Yeah." She answers in a sad tone. The Press piss both of us off we are just more reziliant and used to them now, we just try not to think about them.

"Will you help me carry the rest of the boxes out?" I ask Katie as she stretches her arms over her head.

"Yeah." She sighs as she drops her hands down to her side and picks up a box and carries it out to the driveway where the boot of my Mom's car is open.

"Thanks." I smile and follow her out after picking up a box myself.

"Hey Scar." Katie smiles when she see's her sitting on the doorstep playing with a basketball.

"Hi." She smiles back as Katie waits behind me for me to put my box in the boot. After I had put mine in she slid hers in beside it then I started adjusting some of them and just faffing about with them while she stod behind me patiantly waiting.

"Scarlett!" I hear Katie shout and the shuffling of her feet.

"What's wrong?" I ask, snapping my head around to see what Katie was shouting about. Scarlett is running after her ball, it obviously bounced away from her, she's running into the road after it and a car is driving towards her and let's just say it's a bit to close for comfort.

"Scarlett!" I shout at her as I run after Katie who is just getting off the cirb at this point. Katie is still running at her and the car is still driving at her. She can't hear us she's too busy grabbing the ball that's sitting in the middle of the road.

"Get out of the way!" I shout again but Katie has already taken care of that. She made it just in time, running in front of the car and grabbing Scarlett who is still oblivious and jumping out of the way landing on her back with Scarlett landing on top of her. I run over to them as fast as my legs will carry me. When I get to them I grab Scarlett off Katie who was clutching her tightly in her arms. Scarlett has now realised what had happened and is crying, Katie is sitting up with a slight cringe of pain running over her face.

"Don't you ever do that again!" I shout at Scarlett hysterically.

"I'm sawwy." Scarlett cries into my chest.

"Are you okay?" I ask to Katie in the same hysterical tone as a few tears slip from my eyes and she pushes herself to her feet.

"Yeah, yeah i'm fine." She cringes again in an exasperated tone.

"Don't get mad at her." Katie leans in and whispers to me. When she pulls her head away I just nod and begin to embrace Scarlett tighter, she quickly wraps her arms tighter around me and continues to sob the same words into my chest "I'm sawwy Mommy." She cries over and over again.

"I know you are Bug." I sigh as I stroke her hair.

"I'm not mad just never ever do that again." I state to her and continue to hold her and turn my attention to Katie.

"Look at your arm there's loads of scrapes on it." I point out to her. Her left forearm has loads of bloody scrapes on it, i'm guessing from hitting the tarmac.

"Oh so there is." She says looking at her arm.

"Nothing a few pain killers won't take away." She smiles slightly trying to lighten the mood but she soon cringes again.

"What's wrong?" I ask her concerned. She keeps quite.

"Is it your ribs again?" I ask her. She just nods.

"Come on." I say placing my hand on her back and ushering her inside so that we can clean her arm up and get her pain killers.

"You need to stop pulling people out of the way of cars." I say as we walk into the kitchen.

"I know." She chuckles softly and sits down at the kitchen table with her arm on top of it for me to clean. I quickly sit down after finding the first aid stuff with Scar on my lap.

"I'm sawwy Katie." Scar sniffles pulling her head out of my chest and wiping her eyes.

"It's okay Bug, just don't do that again. Mom or I aren't always gonna be there to save you." She smiles to her as I apply some disinfectant to her arm. Wait what did she say? She said "Mom or I" Holy hell she just said Mom, She just realised what she said, she quickly looks up with an embaraced look, I just place my free hand on hers and squeeze it, she quickly squeezes back.

"Ah jesus Jen." She breaths painfully after I put more disinfectant on her arm.

"Sorry." I chuckle and continue to clean her arm.

"Scarlett you're staying with Poppy and Granma. Katie and I have to go out." I explain to her after she had finished sniffling.

"Okay. Sawwy Mommy." She apologized again timidly.

"It's fine Scar just... never again." I sigh and hug her slightly then put the first aid stuff awaywith her on my hip.

"Done." I smile to Katie.

"Thanks doctor dreadful" Katie laughs and stands up.

"Any time." I laugh back.

A/N: Told you it would be juicy! How was it????