Chapter 101

Jen's POV

Sitting in the kitchen looking at my laptop, the morning light floods in through the windows as I hold Alex in my lap. She's still half submersed in sleep but that just makes me life so much easier as she's not as lively.

"One thing Jen! One fucking thing I told you not to do and you do it!" Katie storms in filled with rage as her eyes burn into mine. She still looks incredibly sickly but she'll not be letting this go.

"Katie I-" She cuts me off.

"No Jen no! I said not to and you said you wouldn't but then you go behind my back and tell her that! I was going to tell her myself!" She yells with her hands balled into fists and her jaw clenched.

"Katie calm down I already told you that I'm not annoyed at you," Sophie runs in after her and tries to offer her reassurance which she refuses to take.

"No it's not okay I told her not to and she went behind my back," She says through gritted teeth.

"I only want what's best for you. I was just trying to provide you with as much support as possible," I defend my actions.

"Jen I'm 18 in two months I'm big enough and old enough to make my own decisions. You lied," She breathes and I can see the look of betrayal in her eyes.

"I agreed to your terms of staying here while I dried out and you agreed you wouldn't tell Sophie," She pauses sucking in breath.

"I held up my end and I plan on continuing to do so but yours came crashing down as soon as you got the chance," She almost growls.

"Can't you just accept it. Sophie has said she wants to support you so why are you tearing into me. I just want you to get better and back into a good place. You haven't been the same since the car accident," I admit to her. She really hasn't, I don't know what it is, she seemed better when Alex was born but it disappeared again, she always seems like she's fighting herself.

"No I can't because you fucking betrayed me Jen!" She yells trying as hard as possible to contain herself.

"Can we continue this later I don't want Alex hearing this," I begin to grow annoyed at her enraged approach.

"I'll take her," Sophie offers and I can't decline. Handing a confused Alex to her she takes Alex out of the tense environment and up to her room.

"Are you prepared to have a civilised conversation about this?" I ask her in a calm tone.

"I'm not making any promises," She sighs pulling out the seat to the right of mine at the corner of the island.

"I love you and want the best for you. That's the only reason that I told Sophie, I thought it was best to tell her cause then you'd have full support, I know it was wrong of me to go against your wishes but I only had your best interests at heart," I timidly take her hand that's laid on the counter top. She looks down at our hands together and seems exhausted and run down just overall done. She can't be bothered anymore, I can feel her breaking and giving in.

"Jen I know all of this I know that you always have good intentions at heart but you shouldn't have told her," She slowly drags her hand away from mine and drops it into her lap.

"Why not?" I pull my hand back to me, slightly taken back that she took her hand back.

"Because I wanted to tell her myself. Me telling her something that sensitive myself is important, it shows I trust her and you went and took that chance away from me," She explains.

"What chance?" I question understanding her point of view.

"To show my trust for her. She means a lot to me and I care about her just as much as I care about you or Scarlett or Alex. You're all the same level for me now," She admits and I realise what she's trying to say.

Does she have the courage to say it though?

"You mean you??" I give her a chance to say it.

"Love her," She confesses.

"Really?" I fight down a smile of admiration for her.

"Yeah," She nods to herself while looking down.

"I love her a lot," She looks up to meet my eyes and I look behind her to find Sophie standing in the doorway with a grin threatening her lips.

"Should I leave you guys alone?" I try and make Katie aware and her eyes dilate and constrict again as her breath hitches.

"What?" Katie stammers and I nod towards the door. Turning around she sees Sophie and gets up off the seat. Limping over to her she has a timid and terrified smile as she places her hands on Sophie's waist and leans back into her posture in an attempt to stand up straight.

"I love you Sophie," She displays a look of both fear and determination with a small smile as she awaits her response.

Sophie's lips turn upright and I'm already aware of what her answer will be but it's still a build in anticipation as her eyes glint with excitement and she reaches her arms up and around Katie's neck dragging her into her.

"I love you too," She speaks into Katie's chest as Katie returns the embrace with as much strength as she can.

I can tell how lucky Sophie is to have her through her protective way of embracing her and the way her mind seems to calm when she's around her.

I didn't raise Katie like I wish I had but she has grown a lot since we met and I'm glad to have watched her grow into the partner she is to Sophie now.

She just keeps making me proud.

A/N: How was it guys??