Chapter 38

Jen's POV
"Key?" I ask Katie as we walk down the path In front of the house.

"Uh yeah. Here," She sniffs and hands me the car key to the GTS.

I don't reply and unlock the car then climb in while she walks around the car and gets into the passenger seat beside me.

"You okay?" I ask her in a blank tone with a solid expression.

In response she nods her head and looks into her lap and twiddled her fingers. I can tell she's scared of me at the minute. She's never this quite.

I don't reply and reverse out of the driveway then take of down the street. The journey is silent. I'm angry at her and she's scared of me. I'm also worried about the blood stain cause if it's what I think it is I'm gonna be incredibly disappointed in her. I'm angry at her for lying to me. She didn't have to lie about it being a party, she knows that I don't mind her drinking just so long as she is responsible when doing so.

I pull up to the gates to the house and press the button on my keychain for them to open, when they do I drive up he driveway and stop In front of the front door. We don't say anything. We get out of the car and walk up he steps to the door and Katie stands to the side waiting for me to open the door. When I do so she quietly walks in and I follow.

When we are in the hall she unexpectedly turns around and abruptly wraps her arms around me then sinks into my chest, I take a second to return it but when I do I wrap my arms around her in a tight warm grip and sigh into her.

"I'm sorry," She mutters into me.

"Don't do it again," I sigh tiredly into her, I can barely hold my eyes open.

"Come on to bed," I say to her and release the embrace but keep my arm around her shoulder as we slowly walk up the stairs and she leans her head against me.

"I'll talk to you in the morning," I tell her when we reach the top of the stairs.

"Okay," She smiles softly and vacantly. It's not a real smile it's just a gesture. Nothing more.

*the next morning*

I tossed and turned all night. Not one bit of sleep came to me.

I was too busy thinking. Thinking about everything. It all consumed my thoughts. Kept me up all night. Katie, the movie... Renee.

I groggily drag myself out of bed, go into the bathroom and brush my teeth. When I'm done I walk out of my room and into Katie's to find her still asleep so I leave her be. She had a rough night. I go to check on Scarlett and she's sound asleep too so I choose to leave her be too and go down stairs in search of Coffee and Scripts.

Two hours later as I sit on the couch with a warm cup of coffee in my hand and a script in my lap I hear little footsteps walk into the room.

"Good morning Bug," I smile when I see her and she smiles back then she walks over and climbs up onto the couch beside me, curling up into my side and looking at the script waiting for me to read it.

I continue reading and she watches me intently grasping my every move.

"You hungry?" I ask Scar when it becomes apparent that Katie won't be coming to life any time soon.

"Yeaw," Scar nods back against my side and I smile.

"Okay well I'll get you some breakfast," I tell her and get up and walk into the kitchen with her following me.

Ten minutes later I've successfully made her some scrambled eggs and toast.

"Here," I smile and hand it to her.

"Eat it in the living room with your toys," I grin to her and she scampers off into the living room.

I sigh and decide to go upstairs and wake Katie up. She's not gonna wake up anytime soon.

I jog up the stairs and quietly make my way into Katie's room, peaking my head into the dark room. I pitter patter my way across the carpeted floor in my fluffy white socks and kneel down beside her bed where she lays in her red tribute in training hoodie and blue pyjama bottoms laying on her front with all four of her limbs sprawled out on the bed as she snores softly onto the pillow.

"Hey, wake up," I summon her away from sleep and she groans quietly.

"Huh?" She mutters into the pillow with her eyes closed.

"Wake up," I repeat and she slowly opens her eyes.

"I'm up, I'm up," she repeats as she sits up in the bed and I sit down beside her.

"I'm just gonna get straight to it," I tell her and she gulps.

"Why did you lie?" I question her curiously.

"I didn't want you to worry cause you're already really stressed out and you don't need anymore," she replies with guilt plaguing her voice.

"Don't worry about me," I reply with a small smile.

"Someone has to. You don't," she sighs and I don't reply.

"What else happened last night?" I ask her and she shifts uncomfortably.

"I had one drink but I think someone spiked it," she sighs in a tired and guilty tone with her eyes downcast.

I don't reply and wait for her to continue.

"After a few sips from it a knew something was wrong and I didn't have anymore but I had enough for it to take effect, whatever it was," she sighs and looks at me again.

"I didn't know what I was doing and I can barely remember most of the night," she finishes. She clearly isn't gonna explain the blood stain.

"Is that it?" I ask her giving her a chance to confess.

"Yeah," she sighs and I narrow my eyes at her.

"What?" She asks me in a confused tone and her brow furrowed.

I sigh and reply to her. "When you got up there was a small red patch where you where sitting. I wasn't gonna say anything but-" I sigh at the end cutting myself off.

Her eyes widen and gloss over but she holds back tears.

"I don't even remember it.. all I know is that it was consented..." A tear rolls down her cheek.

"All I want to know is that there was protection involved," I tell her and she nods.

We sit quietly for a few seconds then she speaks up.

"Are you ashamed of me?" She asks me, looking me dead in the eyes. I could never be ashamed of her.

"I could never," I reply and hug her tightly.

I thought I would be disappointed but I'm just sad that her first time wasn't special. I don't care that she's only sixteen, it doesn't make a difference, she just deserves it being special and a memory... Not a regret.

A/N: How was this??