Chapter 79

Katie's POV

"Seriously get up it's two in the afternoon," Jen groans pulling my bed covers back.

"Do I seem like I care," I try and fight to get them back but she's stronger than I remember.

"I care," She counters and I groan but am rudely interrupted by a round of coughing and spluttering coming from my lungs.

"What did I tell you to do when you were in New York?" She asks me and I sigh knowing what she's gonna say.

"Bu-" She cuts in saying what I was going to say.

"Bundle up," She feels my forehead.

"I'm fine it's just a cough," I chuckle at her maternal instinct.

"Tell me that later when you're bed ridden, begging for blankets," She continues to feel around my face.

"All you're gonna find-" She cuts me off again.

"All I'm gonna find is sweat and a temperature," She holds my chin between her fingers.

"For feck sake Jen," I laugh pushing her hand away gently.

"Mark my words. Now do yourself a favour and put on a hoodie and sweatpants," She commands and I don't see the point in fighting her.

Pulling on my red hoodie and grey baggy sweat pants I follow Jen downstairs sniffing back the liquid that's running through my head. I hate to admit it but she was right and I feel like death warmed up.

"Look who's returned to the land of the living," Granny comments and I smile at her remark.

"Wish I hadn't," I shrug hugging her.

"Well we're glad you did," She smiles with her hands on my shoulders.

As I'm about to speak again we're silenced by a little voice yelling in excitement.

"Katie!!" She squeals running in from the living room. Kneeling down I lift her up and hug her tightly as she nuzzles into my chest.

"She always misses you most," Jen smiles at Scar and I grin back as I rub her back soothingly.

"It's understandable I am a legend like," I smirk making Scarlett giggle.

"Really? Where do you keep your oscar?" She counters feeling proud of herself.

"I don't need one, I'm not a jackass," I wink and render her speechless.

"What a lovely family reunion," Granny comments and I chuckle letting Scarlett down.

"No back," She demands and I sigh lifting her back up.

"You can be a right pain in my ass sometimes, you know that?" I ask her and she giggles.

"Yeah," She nods into my shoulder with her little arms slinged around my neck.

Once again I'm racked with coughs and I'm forced to put Scarlett down. Covering my mouth I cough into my hand and can hear the wet and flemy sound to the coughing.

"That sounds like you've got an infection," Granny tells me, placing her hand on my back.

"I'm sure it's nothing serious, just the flu," I wave off the remark.