Chapter 104

Jen's POV

Going back to my room after having left Katie and Sophie I have a happy grin as I walk in and meet eyes with Piper.

"How's she getting on now?" Piper asks from where she sits on my bed with her feet up and her arm over her stomach.

"She's better although I almost ruined a moment between them for the second time today," I chuckle as I climb onto the bed and curl into her side.

"What were they doing?" Piper looks down at me with a smirk and I giggle sitting up and leaning into her.

"They were doing this and about to do something else," I smile without kissing her and she chuckles.

Closing the gap between us she allows me control the kiss and moves her hands up to my face.

Pulling away from me gently she smiles.

"Was that what they were about to do?" She asks me and I giggle leaning my head into her chest.

"How's your stomach now?" I ask her with concern. We went to the emergency room and they had to clean out the wound and restitch it.

"Well it doesn't hurt constantly, only when I do a big movement," She explains with a shrug.

"That's good I guess," I nod hiding my sadness that she's still in pain because of me.

"I'm fine Jen," She senses my tone and kisses the top of my head as she wraps her arm around me.

"I know," My voice trails off in weariness.

"Mommy?" Scarlett's voice comes from the doorway and I sit up out of Piper's embrace which I hate doing but I don't think Scarlett is used to this yet.

"You should be in bed bug," I tell her and she looks down before speaking.

"I had a nightmare," She lifts Huggy up from her side and hugs him to her chest.

"I tried going to Katie first but her door was locked," She explains innocently and I can see Piper chuckle in the corner of my eye causing me to hit her arm both playfully and warningly.

"Well do you want to sleep with Piper and I?" I ask her and she nods timidly.

Smiling I get out of bed and go over to her lifting her up onto my hip and bringing her to bed.

"Come on it's probably more fun in here anyway," I smile at her as I set her down in the middle of the bed beside Piper.

"I think they were fighting," Scarlett tells me as she yawns and I grow worried.

"Why?" I ask her as I got on the bed and move in beside her.

"Sophie was shouting yes a lot," She explains and I contain my laughter as Piper does the same.

"I'm sure they'll work it out," I rub Scarlett's shoulder supportively and she nods sadly.

I feel bad for her that she thinks they're arguing but I can't tell her otherwise.

"Who's this guy?" Piper asks changing the subject and shaking Huggy's arm and Scarlett smiles.

"Huggy," She hugs him into her chest.

"I had a stuffed animal like him when I was a kid," She tells her and Scarlett smiles perking up and turning to look at Piper.

"Was he a giraffe?" She asks eagerly.

"No, he was a brown bear with these little black buttons for eyes and he had a little red cap on his head," She describes the toy to her and I smile picturing her memory.

"What was his name?" Scar asks.

"Ben, Ben the bear," She tells her and I chuckle.

"What?" She smiles at me.

"Ben the bear?" I ask her.

"I wasn't the most creative child okay, and his name was originally Benny to be fair," She explains defensively with a chuckle.

"You're adorable," I tell her and she grins. I know she wants to lean into me as her eyes keep casting to my lips but she always avoids it around Scarlett.

"Kiss," Scarlett looks up at us from where she lays between us.

"What?" I ask her.

"Kiss," She repeats herself and I look to Piper with surprise and she shrugs.

"She wants a kiss let's give her a kiss," Piper smiles and I giggle.

"Okay," I answer quietly and Piper leans in giving me a gentle kiss as she smiles widely.

"Satisfied?" I smile down at Scarlett and she nods, chuckling at her I tickle her chest causing her to giggle and curl into Piper's side.

"This is new," Piper comments with a smile and I grin looking at the adorable pairing.

"Look at you two," I smile looking at Scarlett as she begins to relax into Piper's side so much that she seems to be asleep.

"She really loves you," I admit to Piper and she has a soft smile as she looks down at Scarlett.

"I really love her... And little Alex too," Piper places her hand on Scar's back rubbing it softly.

"Really?" I ask her in surprise.

"Of course. What's not to love?" She points out and I smile.

"Scar may not be yours Jen but she's exactly like you," She tells me with a genuine look in her eyes.

"Both her and Alex are perfect and Alex is certainly all you, not a drop of Darren in her," She explains and my chest tightens at the mention of Darren.

"He's still trying to take her away from me," I admit to her. I haven't told anyone other than my lawyer.

This is a moment of weakness, weakness to my girlfriend who I love and who loves me.

I trust her.

Her eyes meet mine and she has a look of both pain and astonishment. The astonishment I expected but not the pain, definitely not the pain.

I guess she really does love them.

A/N: How was it guys??