Chapter 44

Katie's POV

I roll over in bed and wake from sleep dragging myself back to reality. I sit up and turn on the light on my nightstand rubbing the sleep that had collected on my eyes.

My eyes adjust to the new light in the room and I look around tiredly and look at the time on my phone, 5:30AM I'm never getting to sleep again I mutter to myself and put my phone back on the stand. I look to my right on the bed and focus on... Wait. What the fuck?? I think to myself. My eyes have settled on a pile of lumpy sick on my bed where Scarlett used to be.

I jump out of bed frantically and run into the bathroom finding nothing, I run out of my room and into Jen's overcome with worry I find the room empty with the light on and bathroom door open. I quickly go into Jen's bathroom wasting no time.

I'm greeted by the sight of Jen kneeling beside Scar holding her hair back as Scarlett gives up the contents of her stomach.

I walk over and kneel on the other side of Scarlett and rub soothing circles on her back.

"Shh shh it's okay," I can hear Jen whisper to Scar before meeting my eyes with hers. Her tired worn out eyes flicker around mine and go back to Scarlett.

"How long have you been up with her?" I ask her and she looks at me again. I feel so bad for Jen, she doesn't need this and all she's going to do is worry about Scarlett and she doesn't need anymore worry at the minute.

"About an hour," She sighs tiredly and I look down.

"Why didn't you tell me she was sick?" She asks me in a slightly angry tone and I grow scared.

"I didn't want to wake you," I mutter quietly.

"Peh, you mean you didn't wanna get up," She mumbles to herself and I ignore it.

"Go back to bed and I'll sort her out," I tell her.

"You should've told me," She growls and I look down ashamed.

"Jen please do yourself a favour and go to bed. I'll sort Scar out, it's just a bug or something," I tell her and she just looks at me angrily so I shut my mouth.

I keep quite while Jen soothes Scarlett and finally gets her back to sleep in her own bed.

"Why didn't you tell me you felt sick? I told you to wake me up," I ask Scarlett quietly as Jen tucks her in.

"I fewt bad wawking you agawn," She lisps softly and I sigh tucking Huggy in beside her.

"Don't worry about me," I tell her and she nods against her pillow.

I step back and wait outside while Jen says goodnight to Scarlett, I am scared shitless of what Jen's gonna say when she comes out again, she is not in the mood for any shit right now and that is a scary as mood for her to be in.

Jen comes out of the room and walks past me, I chase her quickly and grab her shoulder frantically, everything I do in this moment is so frantic that o don't even think anything through, I just hate the idea of Jen ever being annoyed at me.

"Jen, will you just wait for one second," I ask her and she ignores me.

"Please?" I add on and she turn around with her arms folded and a solid expression.

"What?" She asks in a flat tone and I gulp down taking a step toward her.

"I didn't wanna wake you up, that's the only reason I didn't. You've been so stressed and worried lately that I didn't want to be another cause of worry for you," I tell her the truth and she just looks at me, no response, her face stays the same and she keeps her arms folded.

"I'm sorry," I say quietly.

"Okay," She shrugs it off and turns and starts to walk away again and I can tell she is still disappointed in me and that kills me, I can't find words to stop her but when I do they're completely surprising and something I'm not sure I'm ready for.

"Mom just wait," I cry out frantically and my stomach drops, my face freezes and my hands fall to my sides in disbelief at what I just said. Jen stops in her tracks and turns around with a look I can't comprehend on her face.

Neither of us say anything for a while, just stare at each other. I can't imagine what's going through Jen's mind right now cause I can't even understand my own thoughts.

"I- I don't know," I stutter quietly, looking down.

"I'm... uhh.." I quiver lost for words and quickly walk into my room shutting the door behind me and leaning back against it, leaving Jen on the landing outside with a look I don't understand and that I'm not sure I do want to understand on her face.

A/N: Soooooo??? How was this??? Please leave a comment guys! Believe it or not but comments are my source of motivation! So if you want chapters to come faster get commenting!!!