Best of Wives and Best of Women

Ahaha. Another Hamilton song.

(Marco x Reader)

You sighed. Here he goes again.

You propped yourself up looking to the empty place beside your bed. It was cold like he never came to bed in the first place. You sighed getting up and pulling on your robe. You clamped it closed with your hand while you reached for the candle beside your bed. You lit it before heading out of the room. The halls were quiet. Everyone sound asleep. While a storm was just passing overhead. You heard the crackle of lightening and hummed.

As you stepped down the hall you noticed a flicker of light at a door at the end of the hall. His room. He always resided in there. Drawing map after bloody map. All hours of the night drawing and sketching. When he could be tucked away in your room. Cuddling or, well. That remained behind closed doors.

But.

He was always busy. After all he was the first division commander. He was always busy. Less and less time was spent with you. And more and more you've felt like he didn't love you anymore.

You stood before the door, your hand still clamped to your robe holding it shut. Hesitation washed over you before you pushed it open. He sat there sketching, then picked up an eraser and clicked his tongue.

He didn't realize you've accompanied him in the room with him. He started to realize this less and less now. You watched his blonde hair bob over the desk and then pop up when he sat up. You cleared your throat earning his attention.

"Marco, its time for you to go to sleep." You said.

He turned back to his map while you stepped forward.

"I have to finish this before dawn."

"It's still dark outside."

"I know, I just need to jot this down."

"Why do you sketch like your running out of time?"

He shushed you as you furrowed to him.

"Come back to bed, that would be enough." You pleaded.

"I'll be done and in bed before you can say map." He chuckled.

"Come back to sleep."

"This has to be done at dawn."

"Well I'm going back to sleep."

You started to walk away and when you got to the door.

"Best of wives and best of women." He said.

You smiled as you headed down the halls to the deck. You looked out to the storm just passing over. But your eyes caught something. Your eyes widened dropping the candle and you screamed.

Marco bolted from his desk as the others darted from there room to you. Where you were already outside and clutching his dark wet hair. Blood seeped from his lifeless body and rolled off the ship.

"What happened?!" Marco asked.

You looked up at him with tears in your eyes.

"He's dead."