Like a Fairytale

(Ace x Reader)

Once upon a time. On a small island, there lived a mermaid. She was so so beautiful, kind, and caring. Everyone loved her. All but one. The mermaid was too beautiful, she was soon banished from her kingdom to live on a deserted island. Where she was trapped in a small lake. Each year, the water would lower. But the ocean was too far for her to crawl, if she tried. She would soon perish. Until. She met a dragon.

"Ow." 

You gasped hiding behind a rock. A man stepped out rubbing his jaw and holding a large orange fruit. He grumbled furrowing to the fruit. You snickered softly knowing the fruit he held had a hard shell. He couldn't break into it with his teeth.

"Let me eat you!" Ace barked.

You snickered again, but. He seemed to have heard you. You gasped hiding behind the rock once he turned your way.

"I see you over there!" He called.

"No! No you don't." You called back.

It was quiet, after a minute you poked your head out to see if he was there. But. He was gone. You sighed in relief until you felt something touch your tail. You snapped to him sitting on the rock. He looked amazed by your tail.

"D-Don't touch me!" You hissed.

You batted the water at him before giving a little distance between the two of you. He chuckled sitting back on the rock.

"It's alright, I won't hurt you." He said.

"How am I supposed to trust you?" You huffed.

He held out his hand to you, "I'm Ace second commander of the Whitebeard Pirates."

You blinked, "Whitebeard? I don't remember seeing you."

He chuckled, "I'm new."

"I'm (Y/N). A mermaid banished from her kingdom. For. Being too beautiful. So. Here is where I reside until I die." You sighed.

"Die? Wh- what?!"

You nodded, "The lake is slowly drying up. And I can't make it to the ocean."

"Then I'll take you there."

You blinked, "What?"

"Yeah the ocean isn't that far away. I can just carry you there."

"Really?!"

He smiled, "Yeah, but. For a price."

You frowned, "What do you want?"

"Only a traveling companion."

"I can't walk."

"So? You can swim can't you? Just follow me to each island."

You sighed, "Alright."

He scooped you up as you clutched onto his neck. Flames soon engulfed his feet and he began to jump over the lake then stepped onto the grass. You were amazed. How could he do that? It took you a moment to realize how warm he was, as you rested your head on his shoulder. He glanced to you with a soft smile before reaching the docks. His small boat bobbed tied to the dock. He helped you into the water while you smiled to the ocean. Seeing it go on forever. Ace sat at the docks watching you. You turned to him and smiled.

"So. Are you some sort of dragon?"

He blinked, "A dragon?"

You nodded, "Your body turned to flame."

He smirked, "Oh yeah totally."

You smiled, as the both of you chatted before Ace had to set sail. You traveled beside him until. There was a storm. The waves were harsh, winds pushed and rocked the boat, while the storm was so strong. Ace's boat. Broke. Sending him to the sea. Which you went to save him. Knowing he couldn't swim, once you bobbed up. A large wave sent you both underwater.