Different

(Garp x Male Reader)  easter egg

He was different. And Garp knew it by the way he would feel whenever he spoke to him. He felt warm and almost drunk, as his words were laced with gin and lined with fleece.

He glanced to you. Watching you cut through pirates attacking the ship with ease. Garp dare not to blink in case he missed on how swift you were. Before.

The bullet pierced your back.

His eyes watched as you struggled to stand. Before another put a gun to your head and knocked you down.

Garp growled darting to you and defeating the pirates with ease and then to your level.

"(Y/N)."

You chuckled clutching onto his arm, "Relax old man, I'm alright."

"Like hell your-"

You reached up cupping his face and kissed him softly. Before you slumped into his arms.

"(Y/N)?!"

He sat outside the infirmary. His hands clutched into his hair. His mind clouded and infected with your seemly dying state. He knew you were strong. You could do anything.

Even die.

The door opened earning his attention. The nurse and doctor stood. They glanced to each other before back to Garp.

"Vice Admiral. We. Couldn't save him."

He turned away tears pricking his eyes. Garp headed to his room and punched the door straight through before slumping to his bed.

"That fukin kid."

Garp stood looking out at the sea. Coby stood next to him watching him eat a rice cracker. Then turned back to the sea.

"Sir. Why are we here?" Coby asked.

"I trained one man before you. I loved him. And he was very strong. And had a hell of a body. He lays to rest here. Where I can watch over him while he watches over me." Garp spoke, "What will he think of me now?"

He sighed as Coby glanced to him before smiling softly.

"Well. If it counts. I think your pretty great."