When Did You Know

(Whitebeard x Male Reader)

You cheered with your sons as Ace had been promised to 2nd Division Commander. You sat in Whitebeard's lap holding a tankard while watching the boys dance and drink themselves silly.

But there was a question on everyone's mind.
They knew how happy you and Newgate were. The two of you were always together. And no one knew when it all happened. When he knew, you were the one for him.

"Oi pops!" Ace called.

The crew gathered around the two of you. You sat resting on his leg.

"So. When did you know, that he was the one for you. Pops?" Ace asked.

You hesitated taking your first sip.

"It was a cold and rainy October in a small island in the north. The 31st to be exact."

You smiled softly as he remembered such a date.

"You know the day?"

"Oh yes. I just docked on an island with my crew back in the day. And. It was pouring down rain. Everyone was hurrying to get under cover. All but one."

He looked to you standing in the rain. You looked to the sky while everyone ran around you. You smiled up at the sky feeling the cool water run down your face.

He had to get to know you. He had to know, who you were. Newgate approached you before standing over you. You smiled up at him before turning to him.

"Would you like to dance with me?"

"In the rain?"

"It's the perfect time to."

He took your hand while the two of you got soaked dancing in the rain. And Newgate fell in love with the man who danced in the rain.

"And that's when I knew I was in love. That I was better, because he is here."