Again

(Ace x Male Reader) Oops

You rumbled sitting on a barrel sailing away from Alabasta. Everyone was chattering together. Until you realized, Luffy wasn't with you guys.

"Luffy." Nami groaned.

"Leave him alone, he will show up soon." You said.

"He's right Nami. Luffy is bound to show up any minute." Zoro grunted.

Nami grunted resting back against the mast. She turned to you curious about something.

"So (Y/N). You haven't been with us long. I wanna know, have you fallen in love?"

You pressed your lips in a line. Usopp and Sanji smirked glancing to each other.

"You gotta tell us. Who was she?" Sanji nudged you.

"It was a long time ago. I-"

Before you knew it the three of you were knocked down by Luffy. Which Sanji practically strangled him.

"Oh! Ace! My brother is here!"

You snapped your head in his direction, "Your- brother?"

Luffy nodded, "He's my big brother. And he's here too!"

You stood, "As in Portgas D. Ace?"

He nodded once more, "How do you know that?"

You turned away pressing your lips in a line, "Lucky guess."

Luffy went on about his older brother. And. Your former lover.

"Eh? You think you can beat me?"

You froze as you heard a thump. The crew gathered around the man perched on the railing. You climbed up where the tangerines were and hid in the bushes. You watched as the crew chatted with him amazed that he and his brother were nothing alike. If you knew he was his brother, you wouldn't of gotten on this ship.

"Oh and (Y/N)." Luffy said.

You watched Ace stand and his eyes searched for you. Luffy frowned as Ace jumped down from the railing.

"He scrambled out of here when you showed up. Is there any reason for that?" Nami asked.

"Ha! You didn't tell them!" Ace grinned, "Heh, well (Y/N) was apart of the Whitebeard pirates. He was under my division before pops promoted him to division zero. We were close and. He blames himself for letting one of our brothers die."

"That's not true!" You shot up.

Ace smirked crossing his arms, "You were always great at hiding."

"I left because if I- I- it was a personal decision."

"Pops needs a reason."

"I. I. Don't want to tell you."

"A member of any crew, you are not allowed to leave without the captain's permission. Which still stands until I say so. As your commander you have to tell me if you like it or not."

Tears pricked your eyes as you clutched your fists, "I fell in love with you alright! I. I had to leave before I broke my heart anymore."

You looked to the eyes watching you before you stepped back. Before you jumped down and leaned against the wall. You buried your face in your hands. You felt a hand to your head and looked up to Ace. He clicked his tongue with a soft smile.

"Was that so hard?" He asked.

"Don't patronise me." You huffed.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was scared, embarrassed, I- I don't know. I figured you wouldn't like me like that."

"Well. What If I helped answer that question."

You furrowed as Ace swooped in and kissed you softly. He pulled back as you blinked in surprise.

"I think you should know, Teach killed Thatch over a devil fruit." Ace said.

You gripped his wrist, "Take me with you. I need to give him a piece of my mind."

"Okay. He can go with you."

You two looked to Luffy sitting above you eating a tangerine.

"Are you sure Luffy?" You asked.

"You two love each other. My big brother needs to be happy."

"Thank you, little brother."