What is Love?

If anyone can guess what devil fruit the reader is I'll give out a request.

(Mihawk x Male Reader)

Mihawk could never understand you. The way you'd run recklessly into the night and come home before the morning. Where you would awake him. Curling close to him and smelling like the night. Sometimes blood.

It was faint.

But you never held those wounds.

He slightly feared what you would kill. With the moon being the only witness to what you have done.

What had you done?

You fluttered your eyes open to Mihawk running a hand through your hair. His eyes kept to your face. You stretched your arms around his neck and then flopped onto him. He chuckled tucking a strand behind your ear.

"Good morning Querida Mia." He purred.

"Good morning darling. Did I wake you?"

"No, I didn't even know you were gone."

You chuckled, "Then lets keep it that way."

"Where do you go? You always smell of blood. But you never come home with wounds. Or signs of your kills."

Your eyes looked up to him, "Let's just say, I keep those away who get a little to close to my den."

"I can protect myself."

"And what's the fun in that?"

He leaned in and kissed your forehead, "Get some rest."

Mihawk perked up as the sun was setting and you pulled your cloak over your body. Perona held close a book as you headed out. Both worried this might be they last they see you.

"Mihawk."

"Hm?"

"What is love?" Perona asked.

"When I'm better, because he's here."

"Hawkeyes. What is (Y/N)?"

"I don't know. He never lets me see that side of him. But. Whatever it is, I still love him."