A Little Bit More

(Whitebeard x Male Reader)

"Come on Marco. It's not that hard." You said.

He sat in his hybrid form. Marco was perched up on the railing of the ship looking down on the water. Newgate sat in his chair watching the two of you. Marco's first day of flight.
You unfolded your wings from your back. Stretching your wings out wide Marco stood holding out his wings.

"Alright. Now jump and flap your arms."

Marco jumped off the railing and. Flew. He shut his eyes tightly while you grinned to him.

"Look! Your doing it Marco!" You cried.

He perked up and noticed he was flying. Newgate chuckled as you reminded him to tuck his legs in. Which he did.

"Lets do some soaring alright?"

Marco nodded.

You bolted from the ship and jumped off the ledge. Marco flew after you as you turned into a Griffin. Marco followed after you as the two of you went up to the sky. Newgate rested on his palm watching the two of you. Before. He watched Marco fall. You zoomed after him and caught him before taking him down to the ship. You stood turning into your human form.

"Alright. Take a break whirl wind." You said.

He nodded as you set him down. Marco went to play with his brothers as you went up to Newgate.

"He overused his power. Nothing to worry about." You said.

"He went pretty high though."

You hummed, "Not as high as me."

He smirked, "Never."

You cupped his cheeks and kissed him softly. He rumbled as you pulled back and smiled softly.

"One day, you'll be king and rule the seas. But now. Your the king of my heart."

He chuckled, "Always."

But.

This was all before the incident.

You lied on the deck. Blood stained your pure wings. You fought them off just enough to protect the ship. Marco hurried to get help.

But.

It was too late.

The crew sat crying over the loss of there former father. While Newgate lost the love of his life. He reached to your Griffin headstone and stroked the head.

"Soar with us even in death my love. Be the wind in our sails and the smell of salt water. Be the stars and moon to light us in the dark. And. Always keep a place in our hearts." Newgate said, "Always know I loved you without regret."

Marco sniffled taking his hand, "Come on pops, father wouldn't want us to grieve."

Newgate wiped his eyes, "You're right."

A break in the sunlight had Newgate perk up. The clouds broke just enough to shine on him. The war happening around him all seemed to fade away. The calls of his sons faded away too. Until the light stopped and in the distance was a winged white lion. Sitting on the top of a cliff.

"(Y/N)." He muttered.

It's wings outstretched and took off to him. Where you floated in front of his face. You cupped his face softly and kissed his forehead.

"It's time my love." You whispered.

"(Y/N)."

"I know. I'm here."

The next thing he knew. He was laying in a golden grass field. He noticed you sleeping on his chest. Wings sprawled across the both of you keeping you both warm. He ran a hand over your hair earning you to wake up.

"Newgate." You muttered.

"I've missed you. So much."

"I know. I've always been with you."

He hummed, "I knew you were going to say that."

"As has Roger."

"Ro-"

"Newgate!"

You fluttered off his chest as Roger bolted at him. You stood next to Ace and Rouge as Roger and Newgate bickered.

"Some things never change." You sighed.

"How so?" Ace asked.

"I was aboard Roger's ship before I met Newgate. If I didn't intervene. You would of never been born." 

Ace turned to you, "Wh-"

"I love both your fathers, but I loved Newgate just a little bit more."