Backbone

Iceberg x Reader) (request)

They were always working. On that train. Tom and his boys worked together day and night. Until they were almost done.

"Come on boys. Let's get something to eat to celebrate."

"Tom we-"

"No. We're gonna eat!"

"Franky don't forget your pants!"

Iceberg and Franky followed Tom into down where they went into a restaurant. Iceberg soon became struck.

There was you. Picking up plates and putting them in a bin. You then headed into the back not even noticing his presence.

"What are you looking at?" Franky asked.

Iceberg turned to Franky, "N-Nothing."

Then they sat at a booth in the back. Franky watched Iceberg look around the restaurant watching you. Or watching for you. Tom nudged Franky and chuckled.

"He's got it bad wouldn't you say boy?" He asked Franky.

"Got what?"

"He's crushing on the little dish girl."

Franky grinned, "Oh definitely."

Iceberg turned back to the conversation, "What?"

"Go talk to her sport. She won't bite."

Tom knocked over his fork onto the floor. Iceberg picked it up and headed over to you.

"Uh. I'm fork and I dropped my Iceberg." He said.

His face grew a bright red as you turned to him. Snorting a small laugh you took the fork from him. Gingerly touching his hand.

"I will bring you a new one."

He nodded before retreating back to his table. Iceberg buried himself in his headband. He perked up as you touched his hand. You handed him a fork with a napkin wrapped around it.

"Enjoy."

You winked before heading out to the backroom. Iceberg opened the napkin with your name and number written on it.

It took years. To call.

Iceberg now the mayor. He's seen you around. But you were always, busy. Or avoiding him. He figured much since he. Never called you.

"(Y/N)."

You turned to him, holding menu's from your table. You were now a server.

"Hello. Iceberg."

"Look I know your mad at-"

"I don't want to hear it."

You began to turn away, when he grabbed your wrist and pulled you close. You frowned to him.

"Look. I know I never called. I never came back. I know I don't have a good reason for it. But I'm here now. As a man before you and ready to make things better. I'd like to ask you to dinner tonight after your shift."

It was dead silent in the restaurant. All eyes were on the two of you. Waiting for the future of this island's maybe wife to respond. Folding the menu's before your chest you glanced around before sighing.

You slapped him across the face before folding your arms again.

"That's for waiting for so long. You can pick me up at six."

He grinned as you smiled and started to walk away.

"(Y/N)!"

You turned to him handing he menu's off to the host.

"There wasn't a day I never stopped thinking about you."

"As did I."